Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Online account error

mike37p
4: Newbie

I get the following error message when I sign on to my account - under the account summary tab

"Sorry, there seems to be a problem

We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.: 104, Unexpected error: Invalid Data Value - AccountID should be Numeric(Error codes: 104_ null) - [Error ref 1j2]"

I've reported this and was told it would be fixed in "a few day" but no-one would contact me when it was!

Its a few days later, it isn't fixed and no-one has contacted me.

To me it looks like an internal error where the account number (which starts AM) isn't compaitble with a new update.

Any ideas how I can sort this out? 

167 REPLIES 167

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @ak346115@saguaro@Annie_N I'm chasing this up and would like to know if you've been in touch with us and provided us your details? If so, can you please let me know your reference numbers? This should look something like this [#12345678]. As this has been escalated and is currently being looked into, they require some examples as part of their investigation 🙂

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

Hi @Loz, I hadn't responded earlier to MarkF's PM, for reasons stated. However, I will now do so, in order to provide you with 2 examples of accounts demonstrating the problem. I'll post my query reference as soon as I've had a chance to fill in your form. Thanks.

Annie_N

@Annie_N wrote:

I'll post my query reference as soon as I've had a chance to fill in your form. Thanks.

Well, that didn't work very well. I completed the form, and got the "Thank you for your email, we'll be in touch" screen, but no automated email response. I realised I had used the email address associated with my main phone account rather than my forum account, and moreover that your system sometimes rejects Yahoo addresses (well, mine is btinternet, but I believe that's the same thing). So I tried again, using my forum email address (gmail this time) and the same message, got same on-screen acknowledgement, but again no automated email.

If you can locate either of my emails, you are welcome to inspect the two phone numbers I mention, and to pass them up the line for further inspection. But no way am I willing to have a "contact cleanse" or any other fiddling about done to either account. If the problem can only be solved on a one-account-at-a-time basis for all AM-numbered accounts, I'll manage without my online accounts until a moment when I have time to stop and take my numbers elsewhere.

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Annie_N I've tried to locate a message from you using the email address registered to your Community account and I haven't found anything. Can you please try an alternative device or web browser? 

@ak346115 I've sent you another email requiring some further information from you. Please get back to me with this and I can chase everything up for you.

Similar problem... when I log into my account on the website,  I get:

Account summary

Alan Davies  Account number (begins AM...)
There are currently no services being used on this account

What you've used

There's nothing we can show you
We're not able to show you any information here.
Go back to Account summary

Device names
You're not authorised to see this section

Only the account owner can manage the names on the account.

I have two phones, ***023 (which I have had since 2010) and ***210. Both are on PAYG1. I can top up using the My Vodafone App, but can't see any usage summary or payment history.

Annie_N

Different browser. Reference number: #20634548

This problem of failed attempts to submit emails has been going on for years - surely, if Vodafone was serious about helping its customers, this would have been fixed long ago. Not the fault of the Moderators - you're just given lousy tools to do your job.

Annie_N

@Loz Further to your recent email, I have replied with my two account numbers.

At present I simply haven't got time to produce screen shots with details of how I got them, a series of precise time stamps for the errors, and the precise error messages, beyond what has already been very adequately described by other customers.

Realistically it will be w/c 8th April before I can do anything of this sort, but in the meantime I'd be glad if you would confirm that test accounts with numbers starting AM are NOT displaying the errors we are experiencing.

Groundhog Day.

When will Vodafone learn that poor processes cause problems.

Annie_N

Regarding the time stamps, I should perhaps confirm that the error is there on both accounts, quite regardless of time and date. I've tried sneaking up on it at various times, in the hopes that I would catch it unawares, but no, it's there all the time, on both my remaining AM accounts. The third fell over the edge of the 270-day cliff a while back, so is no longer available to check, but there's enough other evidence from the modest amount of crowdsourcing shown on this thread.

Why on earth can't it simply be reported and investigated as an error affecting AM accounts? Perhaps Vodafone actually prefers this Groundhog Day scenario.

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@AlanJDavies Thanks for your message. So we can look into your online account problem, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.