Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Online account error

mike37p
4: Newbie

I get the following error message when I sign on to my account - under the account summary tab

"Sorry, there seems to be a problem

We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.: 104, Unexpected error: Invalid Data Value - AccountID should be Numeric(Error codes: 104_ null) - [Error ref 1j2]"

I've reported this and was told it would be fixed in "a few day" but no-one would contact me when it was!

Its a few days later, it isn't fixed and no-one has contacted me.

To me it looks like an internal error where the account number (which starts AM) isn't compaitble with a new update.

Any ideas how I can sort this out? 

167 REPLIES 167

11 hours of downtime just wrapped up and for me at least, I can finnaly get back into MyVodafone... after 3 long weeks...

Hurrah it's working !

I wonder if they could also fix the problem whereby they've used a search box instead of a login name on my browser I get the word search and it capitalises the first word of my username :Hmm_Face:

oh and reminding people not to save login details if they have different accounts for broadband and pay-as-you-go might be a good idea.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

Hallelujah! I was about to JTG away the remaining balance from my second-string account and get my PAC, when I saw the advance warning of significant maintenance work on My Vodafone. I decided to hold fire until after the weekend and I’m glad to confirm that all three of my AM-numbered accounts are accessible again.

The SOP described for troubleshooting problems appears to allow no room for commonsense or good customer relations, and there are alarming discrepancies between the narratives of what was being done. However, someone must finally have informed the programmers, who have done the obvious and corrected the earlier programming error. I hope that the apparent determination of Vodafone’s Forum Team to adhere to the SOP, inappropriately and regardless of the delay caused, hasn’t cost Vodafone too many customers, but I’d hazard a guess that mike37p isn’t alone in deciding to walk.

The silence in response to questions from mike37p and myself on how older test accounts were behaving has made me wonder whether the Team still has accounts of sufficient age. I’m not particularly wedded to two of the three AM-numbered accounts; indeed one must be getting near to falling over the edge of the 270-day cliff, and I have a strategy to clear the balance on the other. So, if the Team would like to take those over, could someone PM me on how best to send you the details (and the SIMs)?

Annie_N

@srpsrp The main issue you describe sounds like one of the cookie problems to which the Vodafone site is so prone. Worth checking that your browser is up-to-date, then clearing cache and cookies, and see if that fixes it. This should also address your second issue; having multiple PAYG accounts, it’s something that I have to do if I’ve absentmindedly agreed to save login details. On most browsers you don’t have to clear the lot – I find that simply clearing those from Vodafone is quite sufficient.

@disgruntled “Website is either unavailable or broken and very rarely working.” That also sounds very much like a cache/cookie problem – I experience that from time to time but, except when maintenance is genuinely being carried out, it rarely persists after a clearout.

Thanks for the heads-up! I can confirm it's now working for me too. :Smiling:

Working for me too. At last.

Yippee ! Sorted.

Spent hours trying to resolve with Sharma online who has now disconnected (read ran away after making a complete mess) and deleted my account and set up some other random new one with half the information missing

AM00093879700

What do I do now as after being helped I am worse off than I was?

Annie_N

Oh groan! that is one reason why I was unwilling to cooperate with the original "fix it one account at a time" approach. I hope that you now have a straight numerical account number, and that the AM version is just an empty shell?

My husband had to be given an entirely new account a few years back, and very little of the information came over from the old one. As far as we can recall, he had to re-enter all the additional details such as alternative contact numbers, double-check that the bar settings were as he wanted (we think they hadn't changed), re-prove that he was old enough to have the age-restriction bar lifted, and a few other bits and pieces. I'm not sure about payment methods - we've tended to use top-up vouchers as giving fewer hostages to fortune.  The Vodafone Forum team may be able to help, but my advice would be just to plough through it.

Good luck!

After all this hassle (and others from Vodafone that aren't related to this problem), I've moved all three accounts now from Vodafone.

If only Vodafone would provide real quick support rather than assume everything's a user error I might have stayed.

As it turns out there are better deals elswhere so I got a lot more, paying a lot less on another provider, so thanks Vodafone - its better and cheaper elsewhere!