Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Online account shows as empty, all my acct details are gone

tututemptation
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi There,

I have just spent 20 mins speaking to what I am sure is a Vodafone BOT called Priyanka through Vodafone support. I have just changed my password as normal for security, except after changing my password this time, when I logged in. It says that I have no account. All my details are gone!

After explaining this to the Vodafone BOT called Priyanka, she simply ignored my request to look into it and perhaps reinstate it. Instead, she decided to reiterate what's in my account such as balance, GB's I have left, Minutes used etc. Which did not even begin to answer my question or even perhaps pass me onto the technical department? 

I have a copy of the transcript if anybody would like a giggle, but I must admit, speaking to a BOT and wasting my time, especially during the busy Christmas period is not my idea of fun! 

Can anybody here help? Or help direct me to a human being who works for Vodafone's Technical department?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

That's not good ! :Sad_face:

As there is no account assistance via this forum anymore @tututemptation I can only suggest to call Vodafone Customer service on 191 or again try Live Chat.

Live Chat agents are not bots.

Contact-us 

We do have a Vodafone Social Media Team here that help but in regards to account type assistance you would need to contact them via 》 Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you! I beg to differ about them not being BOTS, as I refuse to believe they could have people that stupid as customer service livechat reps. Either that or perhaps they are told to ignore your question and just keep typing how many minutes that's left on the account! It felt like groundhog day in livechat, or perhaps that's all she can type, I do not know but it was bizarre to say the least.

Usually in websites that use BOTS, BOTS who are unable to solve the question or understand the question will usually respond with only something generic and it becomes very apparent that it is a BOT. Perhaps it's her first day working for Vodafone maybe so she only knows to repeatedly type (3 times over btw, very fast typer), the same info  of minutes and GB's that had zero to do with my question!

As you can imagine, it's days before Christmas and I do not want to waste my life and lose my sanity ringing Vodafone, by being kept on hold for hours and a stream of excuses. 

Having read your response on the other thread I responded to where many many others seemed to have the exact issue that I have, I manage the phone for an my elderly mother. I am not going to always be around or try and get her to ring Vodafone or understand to find out when the Big Bundle runs out etc. Can't believe all this hassle when I simply just changed the password! Logged in, then everything has gone!

I have a personal pay monthly contract with Vodafone, so I already know there is no such thing as help from them. Just thought I would try the community as there used to be some knowledgeable people back in the day who could help get things sorted swiftly in the forums. Obviously they have stopped that too.

Nevermind and thanks for the info.

I appreciate your frustrated and unimpressed and rightly so @tututemptation 

I'm not here as a fellow customer to try and convince you of what the Live Chat agents are or are not,  so I'll leave that with you.

As your probably aware a Big Value Bundle lasts 30 days with allowances rolling over - What-is-Total-Rollover-on-Big-Value-Bundles.  so you could make a note to remember to top the account up or set up Can-I-top-up-automatically. 

》 How-can-I-top-up-my-phone-or-another-number. 

The Vodafone Social Media Teams and fellow Community Members are here to help with general advice but account type assistance stopped a while ago with the Social Media avenues introduced as shown in my link earlier.

Your issue sounds like it needs account access so that's why you can't be assisted from here.

However you wish to proceed I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Take care and Merry Christmas.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Oh I see, thanks for letting me know. It's not a good sign of them shutting down avenues that were of great help and support. As a loyal customer, I have been with Vodafone since 1999 when the phones looked like bricks so I assure you, that I know a thing or 2 with dealing with Vodafone via the phone!

Yes, I imagine people have a right to be frustrated when things like this constantly happen with Vodafone. Whilst the reception is great (cannot fault that), one thing they have never been able to sort out properly is online accounts. A quick Google search or read of the old forums, or even Trustpilot reviews will show that. People quite rightly, get miffed when you pay for a service that isn't delivered properly and the 'support' channels are a joke! The old forum was a great source of help, major step backwards getting rid of that.

I will give it a few more days to see if it rights itself or try Social media but if no luck, I will just try another provider.

Thanks for your advice and wishing a Merry Christmas to you too!