Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone to Voxi - Stuck in Limbo

ayylmao
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So put in a switch from Vodafone to VOXI on the same sim card. A few hours after midnight the sim stopped working and I recieved two emails: one about filtering and the other about a reset password. That password reset only worked for my vodafone account for some reason, not voxi. I checked later that day and another vodafone sim on my account received a text saying there will be 15m until my number is transferred. Strange, but worse is that it's been over 24hrs since that text. When I talk to VOXI livechat they kept telling me it would be done later that day /  a maximumm of 24hrs, even though that 24hrs has passed. Today they've said it has been 'escalated' but that fills me with no confidence at all. My number when called is invalid and I'm concerned of losing it. How do I speak to someone who isn't just reading a script? 

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I can only suggest to speak with the Vodafone Social Media Team via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries as.thry maybe able to help if voxi voxi.co.uk/contact-us are not helping to clarify what's happened account wise @ayylmao 

It could be the port files that haven't properly settled so they've escalated to 2nd tier support or the Vodafone Porting In Teams.

Please give them a little extra time due to staffing levels.

Or from what you've written something hasn't been done correctly on your Vodafone accounts.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

So I tried Vodafone live chat but tbh they didn't really know anything, just porting in progress. 24hrs has passed and I got in touch with VOXI and they've just repeated we're having a look, and said its's not 24-48hrs... I just want to leave and go elsewhere, but my number is pretty much being held hostage.

BandOfBrothers

I assume you didn't try the Vodafone Social Media Team ?

So going from what you have been told thus far it does sound very much like a system porting glitch known as a Split Port @ayylmao 

I appreciate this is frustrating.

Once the port has fully completed if you still wish to move away from Vodafone then please don't hesitate to come back and we can advise on how to do so if your not aware on the process how.

That said I hope you decide to stay as not all networks offer the same signal and data speeds everywhere.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @ayylmao 

When you change from Vodafone to Voxi as this is the same company, you continue to use the same online account and SIM, Vodafone have made this as simple as possible. 

When you completed the authority to change from Vodafone to Voxi here:  Voxi Keep My Number  Voxi would have sent a text with a code, this would have been valid for 20 minutes for you to activate and would have provided Vodafone access to your Vodafone account to make the changeover to Voxi.

This will be more of a system error rather than a porting error, you are staying with Vodafone just changing to Voxi and this will be easily solved.  Contact Vodafone through Social Media, they will have the necessary account access to get your number on Voxi:  Contact Us   The only problem you will have is needing to be little more patient than usual, with the Government's advise to stay home, it will take longer to get a response.

Hi,

So that VOXI keep my number link said something like "complex account" and required the transfer to be done over live chat. As I don't have a username I can't log into VOXI, nor will it remind me of my username as it says phone number invalid. I've messaged the social media team and will update when they get back to me. 

I understand there being a delay, the issue was that it was constantly being brushed off as a patience issue, when it was obvious to me that there was something wrong here behind the scenes. 

Minor update: if I try to log into voxi using my vodafone details it says "we're still setting up your account, it will be ready soon" or something along those lines.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @ayylmao As @AnnS said when you switch from Vodafone to VOXI, everything will remanin the same. This includes your online account details. So you Vodafone Username will be your VOXI username. It can take up to 24 hours for this to complete and you may experience an intermittent service during this time.

If your service still isn't active, pop a message to our VOXI Social team through Twitter or Facebook and we'll be happy to take a look for you 🕵