Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

CHANGING NUMBER FROM OLD PAY MONTHLY CONTRACT TO NEW PAY MONTHLY CONTRCT

kulendran
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi Vodafone, my previous pay monthly contract ended in December and I had got a new monthly contract through mobiles.co.uk. I have received my new sim card but I would like to keep my old number from the previous contract. I still haven't cancelled the previous contract. 

I spoke with a member on the online chat they gave me this link 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/paym-to-payg-form/ .  I did this but when I went back it said from pay monthly to pay as you go. So that just confused me even more and I thought I was doing something wrong.

In addition to this, on my Vodafone account, I have my new contract and old contract in the same place. I would like to replace the new contract number with my old one. Is this possible? And then afterwards, cancel the old contract. Please help me this is very urgent!

Thank you for your time,

Kulendran

1 REPLY 1

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @kulendran 

If you use the forum search facility there are some examples and how this can be solved.  

There are two ways to get this solved.

1. Cancel the previous contract and request Vodafone to transfer the number to PAYG by completing the form you have linked.  This will take 30 days to complete, when the number moves complete the information on this link for moving from PAYG to pay monthly. Keep My Number 
  2. Request a PAC code by text for the previous number here under useful information Leaving port out to any other network on PAYG and port back in on the new third party contract.  This is the quickest and cheapest option, the old contract will immediately end with nothing further to pay when out of contract, the number will be moved within 48 hours and you will only have the new third party contract with your previous number. You continue to use the same online account.

Hope that answers your question.