Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Choose old deactivated number as a new customer

Odduser
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello everyone!

I've been abroad some time and my old mobile number has been deactivated/deleted with a different service provider. I want to join Vodafone as a pay monthly customer. Would it be possible to be given a sim with my old number if that number has not been reassigned to a different sim. I can see on other community posts that vodafone can check if the number has been reassigned or not.

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

That would be impossible @Odduser , the number could be anywhere in the system and impossible to locate.  The number has already been ported out and disconnected with another provider, you are going to have to leave this one and settle for a new number.

Take a look at this link Gold Numbers to get yourself a memorable number from the network.

Hello Ann,

In an old post in 2017 somebody asked a similar question to mine. A moderator (Sukhi) replied about looking into whether the number was free or attached to a sim. The moderator found that the number was attached to a sim and so the poster was unable to retrieve their number.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/Retrieving-an-old-mobile-number-how-to-go-about-it/m-p...

So i think it is possible to see whether a number is available or not, in the sense that it could be attached to a sim (active or non-active) or not. I just need a moderator to check...

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

They can only provide you the Number if it is not attached to SIM, been in Quarantine for at least 6 months and it was last used with Vodafone.
If yes, then it is entirely upto Vodafone, how much they charge you for it.
If a number is important then make sure you move it to PAYG and keep it active.