main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay monthly

Issues switching from PAYG to Pay Monthly SIM-only deals

dcollins2030
2: Seeker

Hi.  I need help switching from PAYG to Pay Monthly SIM only deals.

I came across this page: How do I switch between Pay monthly and Pay as you go? (vodafone.co.uk)

I followed the link in the Pay as you go to pay monthly (SIM only) which took me here: section https://www.vodafone.co.uk/migration/Phase5/

I found the package I wanted - 4GB on a 12 month contract @£11p/m

I selected choose plan which took me to the migration page here: Migration Form (vodafone.co.uk) , I completed and submitted the form.

I then received a confirmation email from vodafone customer care team stating I would hear back with 48 hours once a credit check had been carried out.

Now a week later I'm still waiting to hear back and not sure who to call.  I called the pay monthly new connections team who told me this was not a package they could sell me but that they could sell me a package similar but 40% more expensive....the guy I spoke with told me the deal I had selected was a 3rd party deal.  I asked him who could help me and all he could say is I need to speak with the 3rd party.  Given there was no mention of any 3rd party involvement I don't know who to speak with.

Any advice welcome.

18 REPLIES 18
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Was the deal on a 3rd party website @dcollins2030  ?

Can you link to it ?

If it is then if Vodafone won't match it then you would need to take the deal through the 3rd party website and once accepted by them you could then after getting everything activated ask Vodafone to move your Payg number onto the contract.

The Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries will also be able to guide and advise you.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 3.1  / Android 11.

View more options
AnnS

Hi @dcollins2030 

It looks like you are going through an affiliate website and not directly through the Vodafone website, this means the credit check would have been initiated by the affiliate site and you are going to need to contact the affiliate site for any enquiries. 

If you deal direct with Vodafone and change from PAYG to pay monthly, you follow this link: Keep My Number 

However, there is nothing stopping you from taking the contract with a different number from the affiliate and completing the form on the link above to move your PAYG number to the new contract.

View more options
dcollins2030

Thanks https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/952.  The URLs were all Vodafone and the confirmation email came from Vodafone but without any contact number or email address.  How do I find the who is the affiliate and therefore how my request is progressing?

View more options
dcollins2030

Hi.  @BandOfBrothers. The deal was posted a vodafone URL https://www.vodafone.co.uk/migration/Phase5/ but despite this I have been told it is a 3rd party deal.  I just don't know how to follow-up/check progress.

View more options
BandOfBrothers

I would challenge what you've been told by ringing 191 or contact the Vodafone Social Media Team's @dcollins2030 

Unless I'm looking at this wrong this looks to be a Vodafone UK site thus Vodafone deal for existing customers. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 3.1  / Android 11.

View more options
AnnS

I honestly don't understand how you got to those links @dcollins2030  The SIM only Vodafone deals are here: SIM only it's not a surprise the advisor thought it was a third party deal and was unable to sell the contract.

The best thing to do is to start a web chat or call Vodafone, they will be able to at least find out what has happened to the credit check and recommend a SIM only package.  The Social Team will be able to give some help but they are not a sales channel.

View more options
dcollins2030

Hi @AnnS - I reached the offers from here How do I switch between Pay monthly and Pay as you go? (vodafone.co.uk) having searched on a serach engine (Bing).

The webchat on the offers page doesn't work.  Can you suggest which team I chat with and from where I start a chat?

Thanks

View more options
dcollins2030

Thanks @BandOfBrothers - that's how I read it too.  If it's an affiliate then I would have expected to see some acknowledgement of this or be taken to an affiliate site.  

View more options
hrym

I've had a look and those are definitely Vodafone offers.   Exactly who they're pitched to isn't clear, but I think they may be meant for people who currently have a device-inclusive contract and want to go SIM-only.  They're fantasically good value and I assume meant to keep those people in the Vodafone fold.

I'm not sure whether a PAYG customer would qualify, but they certainly don't seem to be excluded - the question is whether the network would recognise you as a customer in the sense of having an account (which I think may be what's meant).

It's possible the reason you haven't heard back is precisely because you're not currently a PAYM customer.

I'm going to refer this upwards for a definitive answer.

View more options
dcollins2030

Thanks.  Just an update on my part.  Having waited 240 hours instead of the 48 hrs max it states for a response to my form submission I have just received an email notifying me my credit check has failed and to go to Experian for my credit score.  I did this and my credit score is 999 out of 999. Vodafone just don't want my custom do they.

View more options
AnnS

Hi @dcollins2030 

This is also an identity check. 

Vodafone also take into consideration the time at your present address and it's important to be on the electoral roll at the address. 

View more options
dcollins2030

Hi @AnnS - 21 years at my current address and yes I am on the electoral role - it feels a little odd.

Thanks anyway

View more options
AnnS

Indeed very strange and annoying @dcollins2030 .  I am wondering if the identity and credit check was even done correctly, you have a perfect credit score with above average credit rating. The check was probably done from a computer and the computer came back with a NO, the check needs to be done manually. The problem now is you need to wait for 3 months before applying again.

Speak to the Social Team, if anyone will get to the bottom of this they are the Team to speak to, they may even be able to put you in contact with the Credit Team.  I know you have the link but it's here: Contact Us 

View more options
hrym

I still suspect that this is really intended for people wanting to switch from one PAYM tarriff to another and that the system has failed to pick you up for that reason - you don't have an existing account.   I've asked the forum team to have a look and provide a definitive answer, so I think we need to hang on for that.

All that said, if you're an existing PAYM customer looking for a new/loyalty deal, this could be very handy to know about.

View more options
Evie

Hi @dcollins2030 - Thank you for your patience with us while we verified this. I have confirmed that the link for the Migration Form is genuine and is for Pay as you Go customers to move to a Pay Monthly (SIM Only) contract with exclusive offers.

Before completing the form, please make sure you have registered your Pay as you Go account on your My Vodafone account, as an anonymous Pay as you Go account wouldn't be accepted for a Pay Monthly deal.

If would like for our team to take a close look into your account and any issues you are having with the form please don't hesitate to contact us on social media via the links provided above by our Community Champions 😊 

View more options
dcollins2030

Thank you Evie.  In the end I gave up on this deal and found another (better/cheaper) offer.  However, a couple of points you may wish to follow up on.

1. The PAYM new connections/sales team didn't want anything to do with this offer - they were only interested in selling me those offers on the vodafone/mobile/best sim only deals which were more expensive.  Maybe they need updating/training

2. The page I used to link to the offer page (How do I switch between Pay monthly and Pay as you go? (vodafone.co.uk)) provides a chat button which doesn't work.

3. There's clearly something wrong with the process behind this page as demonstrated by the week long wait for any response and when it came, the invalid response that my credit check failed.  The new offer I selected came back within an hour or two without any issues on my credit level - which is indeed correct.

Thanks for taking the time to respond and those others who took the time to help.

View more options
Evie

I'm really sorry to hear you've ended up taking out a deal elsewhere @dcollins2030 but I do understand.

Absolutely, I'll pass on each of your comments to a member of team who work on the processes behind the scenes. 

1) This isn't the experience we would want for any of our customers, especially when taking out a new deal should be exciting! If you would like this directly fed back to agents and managers please drop us a message on social media

2) Just so I can give them as much information as possible, when you select the 'Chat to an adviser' button, does it just not load or do you get taken to a different page?

3) I will mention that the agreed time frame on the form isn't met and that will be looked into as well

If you do ever feel like rejoining us here, we'd welcome you back with open arms

View more options
dcollins2030

Hi Evie - thanks for responding to the various points.  It's nice to find someone being diligent at Vodafone. 

When I clicked on the chat button nothing happened.  I have just revisited the page and now a chat box opens up.

Regards David

View more options