Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Left Vodafone, but still charged for number transfered to another network

VB43
2: Seeker

Hi,

my number was ported to another network at the beginning of April. Why Vodafone still charges me? My 12 months contract is over.
Is there a phone number for contact?

12 REPLIES 12

AnnS
17: Community Champion

According to the information provided by Vodafone on this link Final Bill you will receive the final bill 30 days after disconnection, as you would have paid in advance this may be a line rental credit.

For clarification drop the Social Team a message through social channels here Contact Us 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @VB43, the information provided by @AnnS regarding your final bill is correct. As you pay your line rental in advance, you will receive a bill a month after your numbers been cancelled/transferred that contains a credit for any overpayment of the bill raised in the month your service was cancelled. This is usually followed by a final statement confirming your account is at £0. If you still feel you've been incorrectly charged, pop us a message via one of our social channels and we'll be more than happy to look into this for you. If you don't use social media, you can also pop us a message through our online chat service and we can check this for you there too.

Ok, just a simple question. How many times customer should pay mothly payments during 12 month contract?

Contract ends April 6th 2024. Contract starts exactly 12 month before.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you started you contract in April 2023 and cancelled in April 2024 this is a total of 12 months. This including the 2 follow up bills would add up to the 14 you've advised @VB43. One of these bills would usually contain a credit and the final bill would just summarise that your account closed at a £0 balance. I hope this has clarified everything for you. But if you'd like us to take a closer look into it, please reach out to us via either of the methods advised in my previous message.

I'll better use a phone number instead (see first message with initial question about phone number).
And your answer doesn't explains 15th payment and upcoming 16th.
Company made a billing mistake, but doesn't want correct it. That's how it looks at least.
PS question about phone number was posted 8:35. Now 11:51 and still no answer.

Generally speaking, your query has been answered as best as possible @VB43 I assure we're trying help as much as we can. We can only really confirm the specific details of your case by looking at your account. As suggested by my colleague, Mark, please drop us a message over on our social channels and we'll get some clarity on this. 

VB43

Just check my bank statements. Vodafone charged me 14 times while I was on 12 month contract.
April, May, June, July, August,September, October, November,December 2023 (9 times)
January, February,March, April, now May 2024 (5 times)
9+5= 14 times. Should I wait for June 2024?

AnnS

What does you Vodafone bill mention @VB43 ?

You will receive two final bills when leaving using a PAC, the bill for April/May this may be a credit and a final bill 30 days later with a zero balance to confirm the account is closed and there is nothing further owing.

Drop the Social Team a message for account access, if there has been an error they will get it sorted for you.

Bill says Vodafone continue charge me monthly payments despite number was transferred to athother network April 5th 2024 and 12 month contract over.