Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mis sold a new contract

Kimmya101
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I recently took out a new contract with vodafone after speaking with their live chat advisors. They advised 3 times that the contract I was going to take out came with accessories included. I proceeded with the new contract but on delivery no accessories came. I spoke again with the live chat advisors who stated this was an error and they would get the accessories sent out to me. I have not received the accessories and the vodafone complaints department has told me that the transcripts from the live chat can not be found so they can not honour this. In not so many words calling me a liar.

#missold  #loyalcustomer  #lackofrespect #ombudsman 

15 REPLIES 15

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Kimmya101 

It would help if you mentioned the phone you had ordered and the accessories promised by Vodafone, usually the accessories, such as headphones for listening to music, come as standard in the box with the phone. If you have been promised an extra accessory, it may follow when you are out of the 14 day return period.

If you would like to speak direct to the Team here on the forum follow this link: Contact us for account specific queries

It was a ipad air 2019 I ordered. I was told I would recieve the ipad keyboard and ipad pencil. I have spoken to an advisor on the telephone who has told me that this shouldnt of been promised me and that the advisor was wrong. 

AnnS

Gosh @Kimmya101  Those are expensive items and not even accessories. Vodafone don't even stock the keyboard or pencil.

There is a page on the website with all the accessories Vodafone stock with prices.

Yes that's why I thought must be an offer so went ahead thinking it was a really good offer. 

AnnS

There must have been some miscommunication @Kimmya101 .  Vodafone can't give away expensive items like a keyboard and pencil, even more so when they don't even sell the items.  

If you are still in the 14 day return period, it might be worth considering but I honestly doubt any network would give away such expensive items, these are something you would  need to purchase yourself.

There was no miscommunication on my behalf. If a customer advisors tells me 3 times that It comes with a keyboard and pencil. I houldnt think they are lying to me. Regardless of the items promised is it not still a mis selling of a contract and also how have they lost the transcripts for it?

Honestly I believe you, I have had webchat lie to me numerous times as I have said on a previous post. If an advisor from a company you pay money into tells you a deal includes such and such, why would you doubt it? That's not the customers job. Unfortunately they probably wont honour this as the upgrades team cannot send accessories for free unless its a promotion itself through the manufacturer. Sad thing is, I know that the notes aren't on your account because the advisor themselves have to paste the transcript onto the account.. and we know why that hasn't happened. If you had the chat transcript sent to you, then you could of built a case but now its a their word against yours sorta thing (which I know and agree isn't right) so your best bet is to cut your losses, cancel the upgrade and contract and go to a reliable network.

@Kimmya101  - I’d like us to check this from our side for you and see if there’s a resolution we can come to. 

Please contact our team via Facebook PM for Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter DM using the handle @VodafoneUK. Please also include a link to this thread, along with your username. 

BandOfBrothers

Totally appreciate your unhappy with the situation as you had agreed to proceed with the order on the proviso they were going to supply the accessories you mentioned @Kimmya101 

How were you to know at the time that Vodafone do not supply said accessories.

After all you were acting on the info and advice from the agent.

I assume you didn't ask for a copy of the transcript before ending the chat session.

You could ask for a report on what Vodafone hold on you including account notes but I'm assuming the complaint procedure showed no supporting notes. 

SAR

This is one of the good things about the 14 days cooling off period that a person can leave without penalty.

That or if you really want the access you mentioned you'll have to buy them.

I'm not sure if the Vodafone Social Media Teams can help as an investigation has been held but it can't harm to ask - Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.