Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Moving from Vodafone

Stickny
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm moving from Vodafone after atleast 10 years. I didn't want to but the multiple "technical issues" I've had upgrading recently have made me decide to switch networks instead of trying to upgrade.

My number seems to have transferred to my new network and handset but I still seem to have access to it on vodafone and old handset as well, I thought I would get disconnected once it switched. Don't want to wipe the old phone and remove the SIM card until I know for sure that it will be disconnected. How long until this usually happens?  Many thanks

1 REPLY 1

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Your line and account with us should cancel as soon as your new provider takes control of your service @Stickny. Once you've provided them with your PAC, this can take up to 48 hours to complete. If it's been outside this time, I'd advise contacting your new provider to ask them to make sure they've received all the files used to port your number. If you'd like us to make sure everything is closing down correctly at our end, we'll need access to your account. Pop us a message through our social channels and we'll be happy to help.