Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Roaming Mobile Data not working after phone update

Barnezy91
2: Seeker

Hi

I have a UK sim but I've been in Spain for a few weeks with no issues using the service. Today my phone (Samsung S9) did an update, after which I cannot connect to mobile data.

I contacted support and they recommended various ways to try to get it working which unfortunately didn't work.

After a while I was told it was a known issue that UK sims are currently unable to access roaming data services and it will be fixed soon.

This feels questionable because I was using my phone prior to the update with no problem and immediately after updating the mobile data stopped working. Also, it has been unavailable for close to 10 hours now and it is only data services affected. Calls and texts work fine. 

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Or have any advice? 

12 REPLIES 12

Hi @K-D-cookie Thanks for your message. Updating your phone shouldn't impact your data connection. Please could you pop my team a message over on our socials so we can take look into this with you.

Thanks I've just been in to the Vodafone shop and they gave me an esl-sim so far its working. But if it doesn't I'll gladly get back in touch for a fix 

K-D-cookie

Yea my phone is the same and I'm in the UK. This is terrible only since the update. No mobile date, then randomly works then nothing again then randomly works. I'm baffled. This happened my last Samsung phone s21 ultra I now have an s23 ultra and am so disappointed.