Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SIM not activated

jt50jt
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi all,

It's been more than 24 hours since I put my new Pay Monthly SIM into my phone and after constant phone reboots I've still got no signal.

My old number from Three is scheduled to port in today and I'm worried what will happen as the intended SIM is not active yet. Will my number port across as intended today and whenever my SIM does activate my old number will be waiting for me?

Advice gratefully appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @jt50jt 

This should help What-happens-on-the-day-my-number-moves-to-Vodafone. 

Live chat and the Vodafone Social Media Team cannot help too Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Sometimes turning the phone off the on can help.

Removing the sim and re insert and or go into your phones connection settings and choose another network then re choose Vodafone can help.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks @BandofBrothers - The extra links below were useful and I contacted customer services who helped shove my activation along.

Happy to report my SIM is now up and working and my number has ported successfully! Thank you for your reply.

AnnS

The number is in the porting process @jt50jt  the SIM won't connect to the  network until porting is completed. 

Porting happens in stages and you should find messaging outgoing and incoming completed followed by calls and data. 

Thanks @AnnS for the information below. In the end I got in touch with customer services who helped activate my SIM and also advised the same below that service would be lost during porting.

My SIM is now active and number ported successfully, thanks for your reply earlier.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks your posts @AnnS @BandOfBrothers 

It's great to hear your SIM's up and running @jt50jt  and welcome to Vodafone 🙂 You can see lots of helpful information on our Getting Started support page