Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sim 1 not allowed

ChristopherM199
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi got my new s21 ultra a few days ago but when I put my sim in slot 1 I get the message sim 1 not allowed. The sim works perfectly fine in sim slot 2... but its strange because I can put other sims in sim slot 1 which work perfectly fine so I don't think the imei is blacklisted or anything. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @ChristopherM199 

If the slot is indeed blacklisted, I would recommend asking Vodafone to replace the phone, this is a new phone and you shouldn't have this problem, it may also be a returned device.

It's also strange that it was just the one slot you would have expected the second slot to also be blacklisted.  Follow the link below.

Returns 

View solution in original position

17 REPLIES 17

AnnS

Hi @ChristopherM199 

If the phone came direct from Vodafone and you are wanting to use an normal SIM, the most likely reason is the slot has been set up for an eSIM.  I would suggest checking your settings and change back to normal SIM.  There is further information on how set up an eSIM's  here: eSIM 

Hi I've just used an imei checker online and it seems that the imei number for slot 1 has been blacklisted. Why this has happened I don't know.. I'm very annoyed that Vodafone has sold me a blacklisted phone

Not good at all but to have this officially clarified by Vodafone please ring 191, use Live Chat or contact the Social Media Team's  @ChristopherM199 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hello it was indeed blacklisted they don't know this happened but told me it could have been a technical glitch... they told me it should be unblocked within 72 hours. I don't mind waiting this long as sim slot 2 works perfectly fine

AnnS

Hi @ChristopherM199 

If the slot is indeed blacklisted, I would recommend asking Vodafone to replace the phone, this is a new phone and you shouldn't have this problem, it may also be a returned device.

It's also strange that it was just the one slot you would have expected the second slot to also be blacklisted.  Follow the link below.

Returns 

Ideally I would return the device but other then the obvious problem the phone seems to be perfectly fine plus I can't really wait a number of days for a new phone to get delivered as I don't have a spare phone 

That's ultimately your choice @ChristopherM199 

Personally as I may want to use the phone as a dual sim option i.e to use two different network sims in at maybe at some stage I'd certainly recommend getting it sorted.

Plus you may want to sell it on at some stage but with one slot being out of action not many would want it and or the asking price of the phone could be greatly reduced.

Each Sim slot has it's own unique imei number @AnnS so if Vodafone attached a blacklist to sim slot one imei which is the main slot people tend to use this is why the 2nd sim slot is still open to use I'm thinking. 

Current Phone  >

Thanks for the reply. Do you think Vodafone have sent me a used phone? Anyway I contacted them and they'll send me a replacement as soon the s21 ultra is back in stock. I can continue to use this until I make the exchange with the driver. It is weird though I've never experienced a blacklisted phone from a network because it's certainly unique.

Were the seals intact on the box when you recieved the phone @ChristopherM199 

It's possibly a fluke and bad luck.

Keep any correspondence from Vodafone saying you can use that phone until one comes into stock.

Current Phone  >