Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Trade in problems

ARLENEDONNACHIE
3: Seeker

Hi I upgraded to the Samsung S21. I received the new phone yesterday. 

I have been trying to use the Trade in tool on the Vodafone app and I can only get to 72% (where it asks me to take a photo of my screen), once I have done that I cannot get any further. 

Trying to speak to the correct person at Vodafone has proven impossible. I have also sent emails to the Trade in team (after speaking to them), again getting nowhere. Short of cancelling I, can anyone tell me what to do next? Many thanks 

16 REPLIES 16

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Have you considered starting over again using another device,  or another browser and or clear the cache and cookies etc of the browser @ARLENEDONNACHIE 

What have the Trade In Team advised ?

The Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries might be able to help too.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for your response. I have tried on the new handset also and it stops on that page. 

I tried un installing and re installing, and nothing. 

They have said that they cannot access Vodafones records so I need to email them instead. It's just become a joke to be honest

I appreciate you want to get this part of the process dealt with @ARLENEDONNACHIE 

May I assume you've emailed them ?

Current Phone  >

Are you using this Vodafone Trade In Service in which Vodafone send out an Returns Pack envelope .

https://tradein.vodafone.co.uk/how-it-works 

Current Phone  >

Yes that is the one I am using to try and get an envelope out so that I can send it to them. 

Yes I have emailed them also. 

Thank you again for your feedback @BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @ARLENEDONNACHIE 

:Smiling:

I just wanted to make sure it was the same Trade In information we both were looking at.

Yes you do have a period of time that they'll want the phone in to complete the Trade In Deal.

I would suggest to hang in there for the return email and do also contact the Vodafone Social Media Team's via the link I gave earlier.

The more contact the better and ask them to make sure that all this has been entered on your account notes to support that you have been trying to get the information over to them.

So from what you say that they are seeing the error screen there appears to be a system glitch.

Hopefully this will clear up or they can raise this manually for you.

If all else fails use the complaints link.

Please do let us know how you get on.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

ARLENEDONNACHIE

Tabj yiu for your response. 

They reredos the phone for me as an upgrade. They told me to do the trade in tool within 2 days and then I have 14days to sending my old phone. 

My issue is that I have been trying to use the trade in tool and it doesn't give me an option after asking me to take a photo. Vodafone customer service told me today that they can see it is coming up with an error on that screen

mickiete

I'm having the same, cant get passed the screen target.  Never had any problems using the touchscreen.  Starting to think this is just a way they can remove your discount.

And why only give you 48hrs after delivery to do it.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @mickiete - I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the Trade In tool, I understand how important it is to get this sorted so that you can keep your discount.

If you have tried all the steps advised above my @BandOfBrothers including uninstalling and reinstalling the app and you're still having issues, I would advise to contact us on social media with a link to this thread. Also include your mobile/account number and the IMEI of the device you are wanting to trade, and be sure to pop over any screenshots of the errors you are getting 📷