cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to pay £8 bill that has been outstanding for 15 months...

mcarlin
4: Newbie

I have an outstanding final pay monthly SIM-only bill from September 2020 when I switched providers. The outstanding balance is only £8, but I never paid it off because...well, I just forgot about it quite honestly. Curiously I've never been chased about it and credit reports have never flagged it up, but as I'm currently looking at buying my first house I'm extremely paranoid (probably rightly so) that the missed payment and potential for defaulting could lead to difficulties in getting a mortgage. I'm cautiously optimistic that no irreversible damage has been done to my credit history, but I desperately want to pay off this outstanding balance regardless of its insignificant value.

Anyway, I've had no luck over the last few days paying the bill.

• I only know the last four digits of my account number because these are the only digits shown on monthly statements (I have no other emails from Vodafone).
  • 03333 040 191 will not accept my mobile number (option 1 when dialling) as it apparently cannot be found, presumably because the number switched to a new provider.
  • As per the first bullet point, I cannot use my account number to progress because I do not know the full number.
  • Live chat also does not work because it does not load (spinning loading icon - tried several times).

I literally have no idea what to do now and it scares me how difficult it is to pay a measly £8 bill which could have negative repercussions.

Is there a customer services email address I can use instead? This would likely be so much quicker than jumping through all the hurdles I've had to jump through thus far.

Thanks,

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for letting me know @mcarlin The team can't take payments but they can provide you with the necessary information so that you can make a payment via your online banking 🙂 I've found your Twitter message now so I'll pop you a reply over there and we can get this resolved for you! 

View solution in original position

11 REPLIES 11

Steph

Hey @mcarlin I hope you're well 😊 Please drop our Social Media team a message here and advise them that you need to make a payment on a cancelled account.

Whilst they can't take the payment from you over social media, they can provide you with your bill number and the bank details so you can make an online payment 🙂 If you don't know your account number, just pop them over your email address and postcode and they will be able to locate your account! 

Hey Steph,

I didn't mention it, but I've already gone down the social media rabbit hole.

I was told only 20 minutes ago that they can't action payments on social media, so I don't think that will work unless they're misinformed.

Here's a screenshot from Twitter of that very message - 

Thanks for letting me know @mcarlin The team can't take payments but they can provide you with the necessary information so that you can make a payment via your online banking 🙂 I've found your Twitter message now so I'll pop you a reply over there and we can get this resolved for you! 

Thanks Steph! I shall await your Twitter reply with the details 🙂

Nevermind - just seen your Twitter response!

Thanks for all your help!

You're very welcome @mcarlin 😊 If you ever need help with anything else just give us a shout here or on that Twitter thread! Have a lovely evening.

I have the same problem Steph 

Neil_hc
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have exactly the same problem. I want to pay the outstanding amount but it’s impossible to get through to someone to pay the bill. 

Hi @Neil_hc. This thread is over 2 years old. The easiest way to pay your bills is by Direct Debit. Log in or register for My Vodafone to set up a Direct Debit or check if you already have one. If you have an EVO plan, you’ll have two monthly payments, one for your Device Plan and one for your Airtime Plan. If you don't have a Direct Debit set up, you can pay your bill/overdue bill in My Vodafone here

Alternatively, you can pay your bill via Live Chat online or over the phone on: 

• 56677 free from your Vodafone mobile  
  • 0333 3040 191 from any other phone (standard charges apply) 
  • +44 7836 191 191 from abroad (charges apply)