cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone wont blacklist my stolen device!

Rossical
2: Seeker

I had my phone stolen on August 31st. Immediately I contacted Vodafone to have my phone blocked. 
The trouble has come now that I need my device blacklisted. My insurance company needs a report showing that my device has been officially blacklisted. I have contacted Vodafone literally every day since the phone was stolen asking them to blacklist it, every day an advisor has assured me that the device is definitely 100% blacklisted. I have even asked them to text me so that I have their promise that it has definitely blacklisted in writing. 

So I submit a request for a proof of blacklisting form and every single time I get this message "Thanks for asking for proof of blacklisting for your device. Unfortunately, we can’t send this to you because our records show that your device isn’t blacklisted." 

So what am I supposed to do?
I then contact Vodafone again and we go through the exact same cycle again - an advisor promises that its definitely blacklisted, I submit a proof of blacklisting form, and I receive the same message that the device isnt blacklisted. 

Today I went into my local Vodafone store to try to get them to blacklist the IMEI in the store, and they told me that I have to go to The Carphone Warehouse because even though I'm a Vodafone customer the device was provided by The Carphone Warehouse. So I speak to The Carphone Warehouse and they tell me that they cannot under any circumstances blacklist my device and only my network provider (Vodafone) can do so. 

So what can I do? How many more times can I go around in this cycle? I have lost count of the number of times I have spoken to Vodafone now and been promised that it is definitely blacklisted. Please help me, thanks you all!

9 REPLIES 9

Rossical

I’m having the same situation with Vodafone and I’m at the end of my patience. I’ve spoken now to Vodafone at least 20 times and each person has PROMISED that my phone will definitely be blacklisted. I then request a blacklist report and it says my phone isnt blacklisted. It’s getting absolutely ridiculous. I even have made the advisors text me so that I have evidence that they’ve promised the device is blacklisted. 

I don’t know what more I can do, I have spoken to literally 15+ advisors on the phone and on the live chat. 

I need proof of blacklisting so that I can claim from my insurance

69186F6E-F516-4AFF-8C7F-AE34C8506A2D.png

9F44228F-607A-41CA-A283-D37AFF48DE85.png

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Rossical 

Follow the link below for direct help and support from the Social Team, they will have the necessary account access.  Don't forget the link to the thread, the last thing you need is having to repeat everything.

Contact the Social Team 

Hi, I've had literally the same issue and same problems....many, many advisers saying they've blacklisted my lostnphine when they haven't. Can just one competent person from Vodafone sort this out for me? All I want is to get my phone blacklisted so I can claim on insurance. It is starting to affect my mental health...

It took 10 days for them to finally blacklist my device. 
I suggest you contact them through facebook or Twitter and send them a link to this thread. Only once I spoke to them on Facebook did they actually blacklist it properly!! 
tell them they need to ADD YOUR DEVICE TO YOUR ACCOUNT AND THEN BLACKLIST IT

Thanks for the advice...I contacted Vodafone via Facebook Messenger yesterday, no response yet, but when I do I'll post to see how I get on. Looking at the hundreds of people on this forum with the same issue I cannot believe that Vodafone haven't sorted it, or at the least publically given directions on how to get it sorted...

Send them a link to this threat otherwise every time you speak to them you’ll have to explain everything again and again. it also really impacted my mental health, I was genuinely so frustrated and sick of it

lcnrlwcz
1: Seeker

Sorry to hear about your experience! I'm going through exactly the same thing right now. I thought I was going mad until I saw this thread, which has provided some reassurance at least.

I've tried to point out that their process is fundamentally flawed, giving examples why, but it didn't sound like they're going to take it onboard. They act like contacting a third party to do the blacklisting is going above and beyond for the customer, but it's a frequent request to many that have lost their phones, which we should expect our service provider to provide?! Completely ridiculous. It's not my fault my stolen device wasn't originally registered with Vodafone - I had to replace my original device supplied by Vodafone as it had broken.

Now, if my phone is ever blacklisted and my claim approved, and if my replacement phone gets stolen again, then I have to go through this arduous process, AGAIN? I've never seriously considered leaving Vodafone, but this takes the biscuit.

hindkandi

Phone was stolen. I’ve reported it to police and obtained a crime reference number. Contacted Vodafone. They have sent me 3 proof of black listing and sim barring certificates but now after trying to process my claim with the insurer I’m told Vodafone haven’t done this.

Back and forth with Vodafone isn’t resolving anything. I didn’t buy the de ice through Vodafone but I have been using it on a pay monthly sim plan. Please help

hrym

As long as the device has been used on the network, Vodafone should be able to block the IMEI.   As this will require account access, drop the Social Media team a note on Facebook or Twitter.   They'll be able to take your details privately and find out what's been going on.