Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

YouTube Premium expired after 1 month.

Craggleroks
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I know others have asked this but I'm hoping there's a mod or equivalent in this chat that can take ownership of this. Spoken to 3 different people, fobbed off by all 3. Promised a 48hr fix in each instance and never heard back from any of them. I have 3 plans with the Entertainment package, 2 of them I added YouTube Premium which expired after 1 month. Vodafone very unsympathetic, bordering rude about this. I specifically resigned with VF for this perk which I am now having to pay for separately, completely defeating the purpose of my choosing this plan. Somebody please help.

4 REPLIES 4

anuraagpaul
4: Newbie

Hi @Craggleroks 

The below thread has everything you need in terms of the issue with YT Premium which has also affected myself and many other users.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/Youtube-Subsciption-Problem/td-p/2710170

Hope this helps to find all the answers you need.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

I’m sorry to hear the way this has been handled when you’ve contacted us. We can feed this back internally.

There was a technical issue that’s now fixed. Please select your inclusive YouTube Premium subscription again by visiting www.vodafone.uk/Activate-YouTube and follow the onscreen instructions.

If you still need help after following the steps from the link, then please contact us through Social Media. If you contact us there, we can also access your account, so that we can provide the feedback from when you’ve spoke to us.

THIS ISSUE IS NOT FIXED!

Issue still exists, about a month ago I have renewed my contract with Vodafone for 24 months and signed up to Unlimited + 4 Xtra benefits + Entertainment Pack, and choose YouTube Premium as the offered service.

After 1 month YouTube Premium subscription expired and now showing as "Inactive - provided by Vodafone". I have chat to at least 5 different Vodafone customer services rep and 3 others on the phone explaining the issue giving them the links I have found on the web describing the issue .. all they kept doing is sending me new links to click on to re-activate the service which failed miserably each time I tried because the message received was keep referring to the fact that there is an active YouTube Premium service and I cannot subscribe again until this "Inactive" subscription provided by Vodafone is removed from my Google / YouTube account.

I have tried to cancel the subscription via YouTube app on my phone and also directly via Google Account management page... but for some reason I do not get an option to do it.

Very disappointing, as I have wasted 2 days on this and Vodafone customer services keep asking me to try the same steps over and over again which surely does not work!

What is more disturbing is I have given access to my Google Account to Vodafone and they placed something there which I cannot manage (delete /cancel) ... therefore I cannot even subscribe to YouTube Premium outside of Vodafone ...

Vodafone ! you need to fix this .. Who gave you the right to block my Google Account ? 

Feels like a chicken and egg problem ... I speak to Vodafone after all the customer services failed to fix the issue they passed the buck to Youtube ... spoke to Youtube they say it is Vodafone.

Where do we go from here Vodafone ?

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @zamliy_medre! I've responded to you on the other thread here 🙂