main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Unlocking

Master code

Highlighted

@StephJ It can take 10 working days for us to receive the master code from the manufacturer. If it's been longer than this, please get in touch with us through our Facebook or Twitter pages. When sending us a private message, please include your Community username and a link to your post. You then won't need to repeat your query.

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

Vodafone should be ashamed, 10 working days for a simple code. Well, I waited and waited and I've gone an alternative route and paid for the code, has cost me about £1 for every day I waited for Vodafone so well worth it considering I had it within 15 minutes, yes I repeat 15 minutes. Please sort yourselves out, and I second Ofcom following through with the proposed ban on locked handsets.

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

Could someone help me with this please? My phone has been locked for about 2 months now!

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @Hjod!

To request an NUC if you haven't already, please click here to fill in the form via the website.

If you've received an NUC that hasn't worked, please click here to speak to an agent via social media who can request either an alternate NUC or a MUC (Master Unlock Code) from the manufacturers. This can take up to 10 working days to process 

Hope this helps 😊

View more options
Highlighted
3: Seeker

im having same issue, the NUC works but keeps asking for SIM code.. fed up.. can I ask where u got your mastercode from please

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

@kooldiamond 

A person can ask for the MCK Mastercode also known as an unfreeze code from the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

This is sometimes needed for Samsung phones as well as the Nuc. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi GUys, im having the same issue.. i have entered the unlock code from VF, it says successful and then asks me for a SIM Network Unlock PIN and I have no idea what that is.. your customer services have no idea also.. Any advice would be appreciated. Its a old Sony Xperia Compact 

View more options
Highlighted

Anyone know what this.. I have successfully entered the NUC code from Vodafone and says successful, then I get prompted to enter this and I have no idea. 

Vodafone customer services don't know either. 

View more options
Highlighted

thanks - the phone i have is a Sony Compact about 4 years old. 

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

The various types of lock are...

Unlock to all networks which needs a Nuc (and in some cases a MCK Mastercode)

Sim Pin which is a security feature that stops a person ejecting a sim card and using it in another unauthorised phone. This is a 4 digit pin.

Puk is a code that is needed if a person inputs the Sim 4 digit pin wrong too many times.

Phone entry pin set by the owner.

Usually your phone just needs to have a non Vodafone sim card inserted which invokes a pop up box to key in the Nuc @kooldiamond 

Maybe a Google Search or look for a Sony Forum might yield yet more info. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options