Ask

Solution

NUC

raytay
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi I have requested a NUC code 4 times since October and still not received it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I spent an hour on the phone last night he thinks it’s due to me having an insurance claim done years ago. Tried again will let you know if I get it sorted 

View solution in original position

19 REPLIES 19

63johnw
17: Community Champion

This used to be a frequent thing when an insurance claim was made and a new device provided, if Vodafone weren’t updated the wrong (old) imei number was still on their system somewhere causing a problem with unlocking. 

Yeah I think that’s what the problem was so fingers crossed it’s sorted. Tbh it’s been hard work getting help on the phone it’s taken around 6 calls before someone helped 

AnnS

Yes @63johnw 

It sounds like the phone is IMEI blocked.  However, being an iphone 6S, it would not have come network locked.

63johnw

Could it be that if it’s been provided from somewhere that meant it network locked to first sim put in @AnnS  ??

Hi all finally got my phone unlocked so the problem was the imei number changing once an insurance claim has been done 

63johnw

That’s great @raytay  finally got there 👍

BandOfBrothers

Good to hear you managed to find your own answer via the Vodafone Customer Service Agent @raytay 

Yes your right.

If a phone is replaced under warranty then the new phone's imei number needs updating on Vodafone's Database so the unlock request can happen.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @raytay 

An iphone 6S won't be locked to the network.

What message are you exactly getting, it may not necessarily be a Vodafone issue.??

You mention the error you get is the phone is locked. 

If the phone was network locked you would get the message 'invalid SIM' or 'SIM card not supported', if the screen is just saying locked, it may well be locked for a different reason.  For example:  An incorrect passcode, where you will need a PUK code, or even where the phone has been locked by Apple, or in an extreme case when the device has been reported lost or stolen.

Presumably, you have had the phone for some time and used the device with a Vodafone SIM and now only wish to use the phone on an alternative network.

BandOfBrothers

Have you had in return an email from Vodafone UK confirming they have accepted your Unlocking Request which is the first step before being supplied an unlock @raytay 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

No I had a message to say verify and I did then it confirmed this haven’t heard anything since