Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

'Network Unlock Request Unsuccessful'

RoSpark
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello my handset is locked to Vodafone however Im not In a contract anymore so I requested the NCK code when I was in Indonesia so I could use a new simcard. After receiving It I turnt my phone of inserted a different simcard and entered the NCK code multiple times and it said 'Network Unlock Request Unsuccessful'. After this message dissapered the new heading came up 'SIM network PIN blocked enter SIM network PUK'. I then requested my PUK code from Vodafone some months later once I was back to try another new sim and the message 'Network unlock request unsuccessful' was shown again. I then called Samsung Asking if I could have a MCK/Master reset code/ Defreeze code as the PUK I was given by Vodafone has not worked. Ive been reading on Vodafone forums that this MCK/MASTER RESET CODE/ DEFREEZE CODE is exactly what I need to fix this issue. I was then told by Samsung to get back in touch with Vodafone my provider as they would have to sort this out. I cant still use my Vodafone chip but no others >:/

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello @RoSpark 

One of the things Vodafone Uk say is that they cannot guarantee a Nuc will work if the phone isn't in the Uk and latched onto one of the network's here except Vodafone.

They don't say it won't work only they can't guarantee it will.

Are you back in the Uk now ?

With Samsung phones some do need the MCK Mastercode also known as an unfreeze code which is available via the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

Samsung wouldn't be able to help with a Network locked phone.

Be careful not to try the Nuc too many times or you could hardlock the phone which means then it'll need sending away by Vodafone to have it's counter reset.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi thank you for the reply.

I understand this as Ive seen previously on other threads, ive taken your advice linked this discussion and gone into a direct chat with tech support however was told

'We only provide the NUC code and its all required to get the handset unlocked I will check this further with the dedicated team now please stay connected'

I cant really see why people seem too have such trouble getting this illusive MCK/Unfreeze code its ridiculous!

BandOfBrothers

Problem is some Samsung phones need it and some don't. 

I'm assuming some Vodafone Agents don't go much past than advising on a Nuc and how to get one.

A MCK is a different level.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams know what one is and can help with that @RoSpark 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

It seems it Is. Ive been in touch with the social media team, now its a waiting game. "I have sent this off to the relevant team to request the master unlock code from Samsung. Once we have a response usually within 7-10 working days we will send this via email 😊 Lou" Fingers crossed!!