Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Device 'SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK.'

chbwilliams1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Device: Samsung S8
Do I need a Mastercode (MCK) as well now for unlocking my Samsung as this was never advised on the numerous time I spoke to Vodafone agents?

Hi, looking for some guidance to get my device working on the back of what has been a horrendous experience leaving Vodafone.

I advised Vodafone I was moving to Virgin Mobile, and received an NUC code from Vodafone to unlock the device for the eventual change of SIM's. (Wasn't aware this was needed)

I have now had 2 SIMs sent out from Virgin, and each time it asked me to enter a PUK (found on the Virgin SIM Pack).
When I turn on the phone, with my new Virgin Mobile SIM, this is what it says:

'SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK.'

I have tried the PUKs provided, with 2 different Virgin SIMs now. I received the 2nd SIM today. The PUK code is a different code but I get the same message both times. 

'Network unlock request unsuccessful.'

Virgin Mobile advised me to check with Vodafone about a potential Mastercode for a Samsung device. They confirmed they activated the 2nd SIM. I put this in my girlfriend's unlocked device and what do you know... it works!

So this issue now lies within the device, not Virgin Mobile, and Vodafone need to provide an answer to the problem as it was supplied by you. 

I would greatly appreciate support on this matter and respect that things may take a little longer due to the pandemic. 

Stay safe and hopefully I get some speedy replies. 

Colin 

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Yes @chbwilliams1 with some Samsung phones a MCK Mastercode also known as an unfreeze code is also needed as well as a Nuc.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can help you with this.

Link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the reply. I've messaged them on Twitter, Facebook after trying chat and call!

Having an absolute nightmare with this so any help from a Vodafone expert will be appreciated in getting this Mastercode (Unfreeze code)

Hello,

we are experiencing exactly the same problem, the phone, (Samsung S8+), was bought on contract some years ago and have been in a sim only deal for another year or so and now trying to move the phone to Virgin.

Have received and tried the NUC code from Vodafone but this is not working showing the same symptoms as in this and many other trails. We are now paying for a Virgin sim that we cant use and the number has been ported and my wife is without a phone which is not brilliant as she is on the vulnerable list as well and needs to be able to stay in contact.

The Virgin sim works perfectly Ok in my 'unlocked/sim free' phone but not in my wife's phone tied to Vodafone.

- 'SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK.'

Following entry of Virgin supplied PUK's (yes tried both), we are getting this message...

- 'Network unlock request unsuccessful.'

Have tried the NUC code from Vodafone as well to no avail

Can a Vodafone team member please contact me ASAP to get this sorted, (Master Code/MCK required), I have been with Vodafone for 25 years or so appreciate some support with this.

Many thanks in advance,

Johan

Hello,

we are experiencing exactly the same problem as many others on this forum, the phone, (Samsung S8+), was bought on a contract some years ago and have been on a sim only deal for another year or so and now trying to move the phone to Virgin.

Have received and tried the NUC code from Vodafone but this is not working and showing the same symptoms as in the below and many other trails. We are now paying for a Virgin sim that we cant use and the number has been ported and my wife is without a phone which is not brilliant as she is on the vulnerable list as well.

The Virgin sim works perfectly Ok in my 'unlocked/sim free' phone but not in my wife's phone tied to Vodafone. Spoke with Vodafone on a chat a few days ago and was incorectly told that I had to speak with Virgin, which I did, but sorry but this needs to be resolved by Vodafone and I believe it require a Master Code to reset the phone before I can use the NUC code. 

- 'SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK.'

Following entry of Virgin supplied PUK's (yes tried both), we are getting this message...

- 'Network unlock request unsuccessful.'

Can a Vodafone team member please contact me ASAP to get this sorted, (Master Code/MCK required), I have been with Vodafone for 25 years or so appreciate some support with this.

Other similar issues:

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Unlocking/Samsung-Device-SIM-network-PIN-blocked-Enter-SIM-network-P...

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Unlocking/Unlocking-Samsung-Galaxy-S8/m-p/2672080#M70785

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Unlocking/Samsung-S6-quot-SIM-network-PIN-blocked-Enter-SIM-network-...

Many thanks in advance,
Johan

Hi @Top_viking, really sorry to hear of the issues you have been facing unlocking your phone, as we have no account access here on the forum, could you please contact us by following this link and we will get this escalated with our NUC team.