Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pixel 3xl drops calls after half hour

Jengoddard
2: Seeker

My pixel 3xl drops every call (made or received) after exactly 29 minutes and 50 seconds. I don't know if this is related to phone settings, network or what so wondered if anyone had had similar issues or knew of a fix. It's a real pain in the backside as currently working from home and means I get cut off in every conference call!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OLIVERSWWARD

Hi all, I have a Pixel 3 on Vodafone and have the same issue. I followed some advice to disable WiFi calling on my account (webpage) and on the settings on the phone. After a reboot I am now able to call > 30 mins! Hope that helps!

View solution in original position

474 REPLIES 474

this thread is apparantly solved but I didn't see any solution...

I've got an Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite and same problems. 

So I ask again the question : Why my calls end up after 29m 50s?

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @jophy 👋 For many customers, this issue was resolved by removing our updating the WiFi Calling setting on your phone. If you don't currently have WiFi Calling installed, pop us a message through our social channels and we'll be more than happy to look into this for you.

Nope, this does nothing. My Sony xperia xa2 and Xperia xz1 compact both cut off calls at 29:50. How do you expect people to do basic things like call a bank, energy company, Internet provider? Often I am still hold when the call cuts out.

My partner has the same phone but with O2. No problems with them. So, what is the problem with Vodafone? 

Wi-fi calling no installed. Trying to sort it out with vodafone since Saturday... Nothing solved yet!!!

Calls drop after29m50s!!

Im leaving Vodafone.

Why my calls end up after 29m50s?

I've got a Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite. Android 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @jophy 

As a process of elimination please try your sim card in another phone to see if the same happens. This will help rule out the phone as the potential issue.

Also does this happen on all calls ?

Does this happen everywhere you go ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Nothing changed with sim card in another phone.

It happens on all calls and anywhere.

Why after 2yrs of this persistent and unresolved issue do you insist on giving people the same incorrect fixes? There is an acknowledgement early on in this post that it is an internal hardware issue your end, and an indication that you have since applied a fix for Google handset users. So why then are you still asking people to swap sims/check Wi-Fi calling settings when you know full well that is not the problem! Stop with the platitudes thanking people for their patience and get on with what you promised and do something! Cannot believe this thread is still live with the same issue for 2yrs!!

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you're thinking of cancelling your account due to this issue @jophy. If you change your mind and would like us to take a look into this for you, please follow the link in my previous message. I've also moved your other post regarding this issue to this thread to avoid any confusion. 

If you'd like us to take a look into this for you @Highlandfairy, pop us a message through Facebook at Vodafone UK, or on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Is there a fix for this yet for Sony phones?. I've spent over an hour trying to get this resolved with Live Chat and just went round in circles.