main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Samsung Galaxy S7 "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."

SOLVED
View solved solution
Rich_T86
2: Seeker

Yeah I can't do that as they verify your info for security via a security code sent to my mobile phone number...which is network locked due to your incorrect NUC code. Still waiting for a 'Master Code'. 2 weeks and counting without a working phone. Logged a customer complaint and no one has responded to that either. I get better customer service in my local kebab house. 

View more options
Tash

@Rich_T86  If you're unable to receive a text from us we'll be able to complete security with you through alternative questions :Thumbs_Up:

View more options
H_Jukes1984

Hi,

I recently gave my old Samsung Galaxy S7 phone to my sister, who is with EE. She now has the "SIM network pin blocked, Enter SIM network PUK" error message. I've spoken to Vodafone live chat on 5 seperate occasions, been given NUC, PUK, and another NUC code. My sister has contacted EE who gave her a PUK code, which also didn't work. I spoke to someone last week who assured me that a master reset code who be forthcoming within 48 hours - Still waiting. So chased this up and the opperator, again, assured me that he has spoken to the NUC team and a code would arrive in my inbox within 12 hours - that was 2 days ago. To say that I'm disillusioned with Vodafone customer service is an understatement. I also had another issue regarding an upgraded phone that has taken over a month to resolve. After being with vodafone for numerous years now, this debacle means that I will be switching to another provider when my contract is up

Jason

View more options
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for getting in touch @H_Jukes1984, it's sounds like you've been given the run around. So we can escalate this to our NUC team, please contact our team via Facebook, or get in touch on Twitter. You can find more information on doing this here.

Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker. 

View more options
Kda2808

I am having exactly the same issue with my Galaxy J3 2017. I have been through all the processes suggested of with NUC and PUK and spoke to Samsung directly.  The phone still reads SIMs because my Vodafone SIM works in it.

View more options
marciouk1

Hi,

Could you please help me to resolve issue for Samsung galaxy S7 edge.." I unable to unlock my mobile even though I had received the unlock code. 
Thank you. Hope to hear you soon.

Regards,

Marcio

View more options
Andy

Hi @Kda2808 and @marciouk1 👋 we will need our NUC team to take a look into this, so we can get this done for you can you contact us by clicking here and we will get this escalated 😊

View more options
Kim786

Good evening I have the same issue I asked for unlock code I did everything but still not working I have Samsung 8+ and I need it to travel abroad so can anyone help me please many thanks

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Kim786! We'll need to get this escalated to our NUC team for you. If you could pop our Social Media Team a  message here, we'll get the ball rolling for you.

View more options
davidmuir34

Trying to put a new network SIM into a vodafone phone.  (Just trying to leave Vodafone!)

I am getting a message once i turn on 'SIM NETWORK PIN BLOCKED. ENTER SIM NETWORK PUK'

I have contacted support multiple times and each time keep getting an NUC code.  This does not work!!!!!!

How many times do i need to receive the NUC code before you realize this is not the issue/fix???

Clearly with a forum being created with this title suggests its a major issue? Do you not communicate with each other solutions?

I want someone to contact me so that i can finally get away from Vodafone!

View more options
Andy

Hi @davidmuir34 👋 The message you are receiving suggest the NUC code has been entered incorrectly too many times and we may need to request a different type of code from the manufacturer, as we have no account access here could you contact us by following this link and we will be able to raise this request for you.  

View more options
davidmuir34

Hi

I have went through to live support and they have escalated this.

Clearly it has nothing to do with entering the wrong NUC code. If thats the case, then everyone who has added to such a large page of issues with this message....

SIM NETWORK PIN BLOCKED. ENTER SIM NETWORK PUK

Has been entering the wrong NUC code.

Would like this resolved asap. i paid for the phone for 24 months i should expect to use after contract is finished

View more options
SK1234
3: Seeker

Hi everyone,
Maybe I missed it but I dont see a newer thread on this. The issue Im having is exactly the same,but on my Samsung Galaxy S8 that I got from Vodafone on a 24m contract where now Im trying to use with Giff Gaff sim.

So prior to finding this thread, the story so far:
-Showing SIM network PIN blocked message for any non-Vodafone sim I ever inserted.
-I got NUC via mail a few months ago but shows unsuccessful.
-Vodafone advises its to do with the sim and to get in touch with Giff Gaff
-Giff Gaff told me its not blocked and its Vodafone that needs to unlock the device.
-In effort to determine who is right, I tried the sim on a relative's device that uses Giff Gaff as well and it works fine.
-Contacted Vodafone again to update on the above and Im asked to request a new NUC via the online form.

By this point, I doubt that getting a new NUC will sort the issue however. I followed the thread so far but didnt quite get the exact way it was solved. Could someone advise who should be contacted or what should be done next?

View more options
Amanda

Hey @SK1234 - a Personal Unblocking Key (PUK) code is associated with the network SIM rather than the phone. Take a look at our support page for details. It's unusual that you're getting this in one phone but not another. 

We'll need to a look into it further, along with the unlock issues you're having, please come and speak to us on Facebook or Twitter. :Smiling:

View more options
SK1234

Hi Amanda, thanks for the prompt reply. I will try to get in touch via FB.

Yes, PUK code being mentioned hints toward the sim card but I am now quite convinced that the prompt screen on the phone is somewhat misleading. It otherwise makes no sense that a sim would be blocked to the point of needing a PUK code but work on any other device.

Moreover, I got exactly the same message around a year ago when I tried my Vodafone Malta sim card (still seen as different to Vodafone UK) but one that worked fine with an unlocked phone. At the time, I didnt wish to pursue the issue while I was outside of the UK and had an alternative device but it does hint towards my Vodafone device not tolerating any other sim card.

View more options
Andy

Hi @SK1234 👋 Please let us know how you get on. One other possibility is if the NUC code has been entered incorrectly multiple times an MCK code may be needed from Samsung, if this is the case the team will be also be able to request this for you.

View more options
SK1234

Hi Andy,

No news so far. That did cross my mind as well although I dont remember ever seeing NUC coming up on my screen and that it would specifically mention MCK code being needed (instead of PUK). I think I saw some people here mentioning the MCK as well but didnt know if their issues were exactly the same.

Would it be possible to request this from Samsung regardless?

View more options
Beth

@SK1234 I'm not 100% sure if you're able to request this directly through Samsung yourself (feel free to try this and let us know how you get on), however, if you pop the Social Media another message, they'll definitely be able to request this for you 🙂

View more options
SK1234

Hi all,

My issue has earlier been resolved so I thought I would shed some light on the solution in case it speeds up any current/future such situations.

Issue: As mentioned, the message on the phone says its requiring network SIM PUK. This is causing confusion because we might go to Vodafone quoting this and we would be redirected to the network whose SIM it is that couldnt help us.

Solution: That PUK message is deceiving and what actually is needed is an alternative code from Samsung (thats literally how I got it written in the Vodafone mail with the codes). I cant on 100% claim that this was the master unlock or something else but its also an 8 digit number that worked and then it asked for the NUC (this time it does say network unlock as it should) which would be the usual code you get to request via the Vodafone form.

I would expect this is happening because the NUC has been wrongly typed multiple times but that never came up for me so perhaps its a phone related issue surrounding the unlock (just a guess).

View more options
Amanda

Hey @SK1234 - I'm pleased to hear it's all sorted for you - thanks for updating the thread and letting us know. 

View more options