Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband and home phone order help

parachutes
3: Seeker

Hi, I hope this is the right section of the forums to post in.

I ordered a broadband and home phone package on 14th April and my connection day is tomorrow however one thing is troubling me, I havent heard a thing from vodafone about my order since.

I got an email confirmation that day and my router was delivered about 3 days later but I cant find any trace of my order in my account and when i try tracking the order it says the order number i entered was invalid.

Just wondering if this is normal and should I expect to be connected tomorrow.  As far as I know Vodafone take care of communications with my current provider.

22 REPLIES 22

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

I've not ordered broadband myself but would have expected something confirming the date... perhaps even a "don't forget we are switching you over tomorrow" type email.  Although the next email you get may be the one telling you that the switch over has happened.

For peace of mind it may be worth double checking with the Broadband Team.  They can be reached on 08080 034 515

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello @parachutes

The Vodafone Connect Router is a plug and play set up so I would think you'll be good to go on your connection date. 

Perhaps check any Spam email In-Box just incase an email has dropped into there. 

Vodafone and Switching. (Virgin Media customers will have to contact their provider to let them know they’re leaving.)

What-s-the-process-for-getting-my-broadband-installed.

Vodafone Broadband FAQs

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

We had our conformation letter two weeks after the install date! Then another one a few weeks later...

parachutes

Thanks for your responses folks.  So here's an update on the situation:

My broadband wasnt connected yesterday after all.  I don't know the reason for this so I tried phoning 08080 034 515 however I couldnt even get past the automated voice message.  It would ask me to press the number for the relevant enquiry but when I pressed the number it would say it didnt recognise that.  It asked me to enter my pin and said it didnt recognise that even though it worked on my vodafone app on my phone.  Then after 20 mins spent trying to find my account number, I phoned back and entered my account number when prompted and it said it couldnt find any details for this number and thanked me then hung up.

So Ive disconnected the vodafone router and connected my Sky hub again out of frustration with the whole thing.  Can anyone offer any advise as to what I should do now?  Thanks.

hrym

You could try Live Chat.   Click the Broadband tile and go from there.

parachutes

Okay so I've spoken with an advisor now and it turns out my order was rejected at some point for unknown reasons.  I'll get a phone call within 48 hours to discuss the matter and sort things out.

So if anyone else is in a similar situation and hasnt heard anything from vodafone about their order it's definitely worth checking with vodafone to get an update.

I recently (19/8) ordered home broadband and phone package, received email confirmations of my order, then nothing more until 4 days later an email thankiing me for contacting VF and cancelling my BUSINESS broadband! Rang a CS agent who arranged for Activations to recreate my order which had died for a reason no one could figure out, with assurance I woud get confirmation in a couple of days. Nothing. So have now reordered and am holding my breath. Do I have any confidence in VF sysytems? You bet not.

@Hooligan899 - Thanks for sharing your experience. Orders can sometimes fail but this gladly isn't common.

Keep us updated on how your order goes.

Thanks for the reassuarance Charles. Making some progress now as I received an email from my current broadband and phone provider to advise me anoth provider had asked to take over my phone serveice - but not yet my broadband. Hope this second step will occur soon to ensure complete transfer. If not another call to VF CS which I hope will sort it. Hoping router will arrive soon as a further sign of confidence. A bit suspenseful at the mo  🙂