cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Facebook app not working since latest update (3rd Aug 2016)

Lawebley
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

My Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 will not boot up Facebook or Instagram since they updated today on August 3rd 2016. I've uninstalled both apps and reinstalled them, cleared the cache on both apps and have restarted my phone several times.

I'm at a loss as to what to do to resolve the situation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ailbhe
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

##~##

This link as been removed as it is Spam, this goes against our Community Guidelines.

View solution in original position

46 REPLIES 46

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Lawebley

What happens when you press on the App ?

It maybe beneficial to create a back up to retain your picturesand contacts etc and then factory reset.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

It opens the 'window' and then I get a message that says "Unfortunately, facebook has stopped" with an option to report the fault or OK.

BandOfBrothers

Have you tried the factory reset. 

As a tip > I personally do not favour the Facebook app so I navigate to Facebook by using the url and save that link to my Homescreen. 

Current Phone  >

Exactly the same problem here. I've unistalled. Cleared caches/data. Cleared cache partition from recovery menu. Re-installed. Issue persists.

Hopefully the next FB app update fixes it.

If you do resolve it please post back

edit: Looking at the FB review comments on play store - we aren't the only ones to get the crash issue.

Looks like an FB mess up.

Thanks. And thanks to all who have helpfully responded. I'm currently resetting my phone, as I'd started to do that before I read this response. I'll update the results as I get them.

The Factory reset did not resolve the issue I'm afraid. It does indeed seem to be an issue with Facebook rather than the phone.

Thanks for the feedback.

I (and resumably hundreds) have reported the issue through FB, and moaned on twitter. Guess we just need to wait it out :Smiling:

BandOfBrothers

I'm sorry the Factory reset didn't help and as from the other reply it seems the Facebook app needs possibly updating. 

Maybe be send some feedback if possible to the developer. 

In the interim does my workaround work for you. 

i.e. navigate to Facebook via your url and save that as a shortcut on your Homescreen. 

Current Phone  >