cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Facebook app not working since latest update (3rd Aug 2016)

Lawebley
3: Seeker

My Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 will not boot up Facebook or Instagram since they updated today on August 3rd 2016. I've uninstalled both apps and reinstalled them, cleared the cache on both apps and have restarted my phone several times.

I'm at a loss as to what to do to resolve the situation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ailbhe
2: Seeker

##~##

This link as been removed as it is Spam, this goes against our Community Guidelines.

View solution in original position

46 REPLIES 46

I can still access Facebook in the browser, but the problem with that is that Instagram and a number of other useful and popular apps will not function without first accessing the Facebook app, so it isn't just Facebook that is affected.

I've been unable to use Instagram as the crashing problem prevents me from signing in, as does Tinder.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Ah I understand. 

I personally do not use Instagram so didn't see that as a limitation when suggesting using your Url. 

I hope this is resolved ASAP for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

@Lawebley + @batch_2001 The problem with the Facebook app is that it always released before it is fully tested for bugs.

I use the ios version and I  never update it until after it has been released for at least 7 days. In the past both the Facebook and Pages app have had a lot of problems so now I wait until other people have reported any bugs and FB have hopefully sorted them out.

You can roll facebook back to a previous version using apkmirror site.

There is obviously a risk associated with downloading apk's from sources other than play, but I think this is OK. I'm back on 87.0.0.17.79 . Works fine.

Hopefully FB pull their fingers out..

kids

The latest update seems to be causing problems across platforms.

If you look in the reviews for FB in the iTunes app store you will find that a lot of people are complaining that the Newsfeed does not refresh and friends posts can no longer be seen

Lawebley
Thanks, me too.

Lawebley
Facebook Messenger did the same thing when it updated today. I got an older version which seems to be working for the meantime.

However, when I tried two older versions of Facebook itself, they both refused to work, which adds a further layer of mysteriois inconvenience.

Ailbhe

##~##

This link as been removed as it is Spam, this goes against our Community Guidelines.

Hey everybody. The link provided by Ailbhe works for me. Thanks amigo, much appreciated.

Had the same issue and the link has worked for me too!

Many thanks