cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Facebook app not working since latest update (3rd Aug 2016)

Lawebley
3: Seeker

My Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 will not boot up Facebook or Instagram since they updated today on August 3rd 2016. I've uninstalled both apps and reinstalled them, cleared the cache on both apps and have restarted my phone several times.

I'm at a loss as to what to do to resolve the situation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ailbhe
2: Seeker

##~##

This link as been removed as it is Spam, this goes against our Community Guidelines.

View solution in original position

46 REPLIES 46

- what does this link do please?

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@PedroZG wrote:

- what does this link do please?

Which link are you referring to?

PWIAC

What does Ailbe's link do

##~##

We have removed this link as it is Spam, this goes against our Community guidelines.

bobbycellis
Is there a way of getting messenger

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Are you after an earlier version of Messenger or do you not have it?

I Googled 'Facebook messenger android apk old version'

The first result from uptodown.com was the one I used. Worked for me.

Edit: The version of Messenger that worked for me was 81.0.0.15.78 which I got from uptodown dot com.

Jackiebrowne88
I have the same problem with facebook. I downloaded ailbhes link but cannot install it. When I click install nothing happens, has anyone had this problem?

Try going into your settings/security and activate the option to install apps from unknown sources.

JuleZimmi
1: Seeker
Now it's saying the the app isn't compatible with the device! I don't know whats up with that. This phone isn't old at all and everything else works perfectly fine.

Lawebley
I didn't have this problem but if you go into settings/security and make sure the option to accept installations from unknown sources is active, that may help.