Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone will not unlock from network

questors
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there,

I have just bought a new phone, which turns out to be network locked;  it appears to be tied to vodaphone; at least it has a My Vodaphone app loaded..  I have been given the NUC but it  will not accept it;  I get "Network unlock request unsucessful".  I have three questions: 

• How do I verify that the phone is locked to the Vodaphone network
  • How do I verify that the NUC is correct ?
  • If the code is correct what is stopping the phone being unlocked? 

Looking through the forum suggests I may also need a Master Code to reset the phone, as  I have tried codes too many times and I made several mistakes in entry before fully understanding what was going on.

Regards

Martin

a number of time

12 REPLIES 12

Success!!! My phone supplier tracked down the phone unlock key.  Armed with that and the NUC it was simple: put in the some, at the prompt enter the phone unlock code at the next prompt enter the NUC..

Happy days.  Thanks for all the support everyone 😅

JohnJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Neil10 Sorry to hear that you're still waiting Neil, So we can pass chase this to our Network Unlocking Code (NUC) team, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch :Thumbs_Up:

@questors That's great news, we're glad things are sorted :Ok_Hand: we're always here for help and support :Smiling:

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@questors wrote:

@BandOfBrothers, thanks for the response.

To clarify:

1  Unlock provided by phone supplier ( via Amazon)

2.  I have now verified the NUC is correct at a Vodphone shop and that it is locked to their network.  They have suggested I contact Samsung to determine why the unlock code is not working

3.  The phone connects with a Vodaphone SIM inserted. ( checked at Vodaphone shop.)

4.  I have a pay-as-you-go Vodaphone sim just to get connected to their network and get access to their support in case and 30 days clock ticking to show I am the phone owner.  It connects fine.

My next step is to talk to Samsung.

You are very welcome @questors

Samsung would not be able to help with a Network locked phone im afraid. 

Only the Network its locked to would be able to help. 

What model of Samsung phone are you trying to unlock? 

This link gives an idea on how to unlock a Samsung using a mastercode- Unlocking-Galaxy-S6.

My advice is to request your own Nuc Unlocking code using your own Vodafone payg details once the required 30 days has passed. Do use the sim in the phone to make calls etc. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.