main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

This is a locked archive and content on this page may no longer be up to date. These posts and threads have been archived for reference only.

Archive

Samsung Galaxy s5 black stock

SOLVED
View solved solution
gazh1980
3: Seeker

Anyone have any ideas when the phone will be back in stock? Told I would get my phone via upgrade last week still not heard anything and keep being fobbed off with the track my order page which just tells me what I already know..they haven't dispatched my phone.

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gazh1980
Spoke to them today they have had a fresh delivery so "should be with me tomorrow or Friday" We will see!

View solution in original position

View more options
19 REPLIES 19
briandlees
2: Seeker

Get in the queue!

I have been waiting a week longer than you and get nothing more than excuses.  I tried to get a PAC code and leave Vodafone as Carphone Warehouse have no trouble with stock and I was told I couldn't have one.  I have to wait until the phone arrives and refuse delivery if I want to leave.  The only other alternative is to pay the cancellation charge which is the full 2 years of the contract.

So Vodafone can fail to deliver on their promises (3 days) and I can do nothing about it.

Word to the wise don't let them put you on back order.  Go somewhere else.

View more options
fastfox

I was promised my phone in 2-3 working days and am still waiting more than a week later. 
For anyone in the same situation they have the right to cancel under the distance selling regulations 2000 - with this cancelling both the contract Vodafone renewal at the end of the billing month and the phone . You don't have to wait for the phone to be delivered and this cancellation is instant. 

Once you cancel Vodafone are legally obliged to give you your PAC code within 2 hours - if they don't do this they are in breach of their license. If you have any problems then report them to Ofcom and your local trading standards. 
http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/phone/problems-and-complaints/find-out-more-about-adr-and-telecom-comp...

View more options
gazh1980
As much as they infuriate me they have offered me an unbeatable deal so I don't really want to! When though they are now even denying that conversation took place..but that's another story!!
View more options
fastfox

I had a problem where I was offered a discount and the agent didn't apply it - or make a note of it on the call. Vodafone have now rectified this - but I would guess it was an individual agent trying to boost his commision. It's a pretty common problem in the industry.

View more options
scotthegr81

So no reply from Vodafone then someone must order the phones in for them they must nom when they are coming in 

View more options
gazh1980
Spoke to them today they have had a fresh delivery so "should be with me tomorrow or Friday" We will see!

View solution in original position

View more options
Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone,

My team have no further details from what's shown here.

We're unable to guarantee delivery timescales for out of stock phones, which is why the latest estimates will be posted there.

For cancellations, please visit this page.

If your order has already been processed, we'll be unable to cancel it this end. You can arrange a return upon delivery by dialling 191, option 3 and option 3.

Many thanks, 

Ben

View more options
gazh1980
So, after being told yesterday I was now off back order and to expect a text later that day to confirm delivery I'm now being told there is no stock and I'm back on the back order list.

What a shambles, I've been with vodafone for almost 10 years but this upgrade has been farcical to the point of comedy. Time to cancel.
View more options
gazh1980
And what's more infuriating is that as I type this there is available stock for new customers!
View more options
Retired-Sarah
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @gazh1980 

We’re sorry for any inconvenience.

As Ben’s advised, the latest information on your order can be found here.

Thanks,

Sarah

View more options
scotthegr81
Sarah is the Vodafone systems working yet
View more options
Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @scotthegr81,

Our systems are working.

If we can help, please let us know.

Kay 

View more options
StuartMcIver

I have been waiting for my upgrade since the 28th of September. I have emailed my complaint today, whats the turn around for dealing with complaints of this type? Does anybody know from receipt? I've phoned Vodaphone twice now plus the 5 texts I received which advised me of further delays, one of which advised I had randomly ordered an I -Phone???? Really poor customer service, can Vodaphone give me an actual name of someone (An actual person? senior to complain to I wonder??? who is the head of customer services?.....

View more options
Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @StuartMcIver,

We aim to respond to emails within 48 hours.

Could you please let us know the reference number you've recieved in the auto reply? It'll look like [#8xxxxx].

Thanks,

Matt B

View more options
StuartMcIver

Hi Matt, many thanks for your response-I received a call back on Thursday and Friday about my complaint, i've been assured my handset will now arrive in 2-5 working days (so next Friday at the latest).  -I'm hoping the phone will arrrive but am not optimistic just now (understandably), but happy to be proven wrong. I will be back in touch on this forum and via customer service. I'm hoping that this prblem is at last resolved. I had to explain the full complaint twice again in order to get what will hopefully be a resolution. Is there a specific manager in charge of the Vopdaphone compains unit?

S

View more options
DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)

@StuartMcIver 

Please keep us updated.

If you'd like us to escalate this, please contact us via email as before and this can be arranged.

DaveCD

View more options
StuartMcIver

Still no handset, I have been waiting three months now, If I do not get a handset by December 1st then I will report Vodaphone to the Omdudsman, I can't believe the shoddy service and inconvenience that Vodaphopn have caused me. 

View more options
StuartMcIver

Phone now on its way, but no apology from Vodaphone, and had to wait in a queue for 40 minutes before speaking to anyone....

View more options
Phil
Administrator

Hi @StuartMcIver 

I'm sorry it's taken so long to get this resolved.  I'm pleased to hear that the phone's on it's way to you now though. 

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. 

Thanks, 

Phil

View more options