Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy s5 black stock

gazh1980
3: Seeker

Anyone have any ideas when the phone will be back in stock? Told I would get my phone via upgrade last week still not heard anything and keep being fobbed off with the track my order page which just tells me what I already know..they haven't dispatched my phone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

gazh1980
Spoke to them today they have had a fresh delivery so "should be with me tomorrow or Friday" We will see!

View solution in original position

19 REPLIES 19

briandlees
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Get in the queue!

I have been waiting a week longer than you and get nothing more than excuses.  I tried to get a PAC code and leave Vodafone as Carphone Warehouse have no trouble with stock and I was told I couldn't have one.  I have to wait until the phone arrives and refuse delivery if I want to leave.  The only other alternative is to pay the cancellation charge which is the full 2 years of the contract.

So Vodafone can fail to deliver on their promises (3 days) and I can do nothing about it.

Word to the wise don't let them put you on back order.  Go somewhere else.

I was promised my phone in 2-3 working days and am still waiting more than a week later. 
For anyone in the same situation they have the right to cancel under the distance selling regulations 2000 - with this cancelling both the contract Vodafone renewal at the end of the billing month and the phone . You don't have to wait for the phone to be delivered and this cancellation is instant. 

Once you cancel Vodafone are legally obliged to give you your PAC code within 2 hours - if they don't do this they are in breach of their license. If you have any problems then report them to Ofcom and your local trading standards. 
http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/phone/problems-and-complaints/find-out-more-about-adr-and-telecom-comp...

gazh1980
As much as they infuriate me they have offered me an unbeatable deal so I don't really want to! When though they are now even denying that conversation took place..but that's another story!!

I had a problem where I was offered a discount and the agent didn't apply it - or make a note of it on the call. Vodafone have now rectified this - but I would guess it was an individual agent trying to boost his commision. It's a pretty common problem in the industry.

scotthegr81

So no reply from Vodafone then someone must order the phones in for them they must nom when they are coming in 

gazh1980
Spoke to them today they have had a fresh delivery so "should be with me tomorrow or Friday" We will see!

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone,

My team have no further details from what's shown here.

We're unable to guarantee delivery timescales for out of stock phones, which is why the latest estimates will be posted there.

For cancellations, please visit this page.

If your order has already been processed, we'll be unable to cancel it this end. You can arrange a return upon delivery by dialling 191, option 3 and option 3.

Many thanks, 

Ben

gazh1980
So, after being told yesterday I was now off back order and to expect a text later that day to confirm delivery I'm now being told there is no stock and I'm back on the back order list.

What a shambles, I've been with vodafone for almost 10 years but this upgrade has been farcical to the point of comedy. Time to cancel.

gazh1980
And what's more infuriating is that as I type this there is available stock for new customers!