Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal only connecting to one phone

darcyswan
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I have a Sure Signal V3 that I purchased a week ago (serial number 42161733029)  . When I first confirgured it, only my phone, the administrator, connected to the VSS, even though I have 4 other phones setup.  Since then, my phone no longer connects to the VSS but one of the others does (ending 165). I have tried hard resetting the VSS, I have tried de-registering and re-registering the other phones, I have tried rebooting the BT Home Hub 5 - none of which worked.

Could someone please tell me where I am going wrong and how to fix it.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

When you de registered it was this over a period of 24 hours before de registering the number which is usually advised. 

Also I've seen before that it can help if the 4G setting is turned off within the phones settings to push it onto 3G which is what the Sure Signal pushes out. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers

Hi

When you de registered it was this over a period of 24 hours before de registering the number which is usually advised. 

Also I've seen before that it can help if the 4G setting is turned off within the phones settings to push it onto 3G which is what the Sure Signal pushes out. 

Current Phone  >

Thanks for the reply.

No - I'll try that.  But how would I do that for my number - the admin?

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome. 

Maybe something in https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Network-and-coverage/Sure-Signal/ may help. 

Current Phone  >

Thank you - found it, read it. Didn't help!  It doesn't mention when one phone connects and the others don't.

It is actually the 4G setting. If I switch to 3G preferred, they connect almost immediately.

Is this likely to change in the VSS because having to change the setting between 3G and 4G is going to be tedious!

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@darcyswan,

The SureSignal is only designed to carry a 3G signal.

You can set your handsets to connect to the strongest signal in your network settings and this would avoid having to switch between the different frequencies.

Thanks DaveCD.

Do you mean the "Network Mode" setting?  I have a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact and it is set to 4G(preferred)/3G/2G.  I get zero, 1 or 2 bars in my house, depending on where I am. If I switch to 3G(preferred)/2G, I immediately get full strength reception - which I believe is coming from the VSS.

Or did I miss something?

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@darcyswan,

On some handsets, you can set it to connect to the strongest signal on all frequencies.

Selecting 4G (preferred)/3G/2G should pick up the Sure Signal, but if it's not, stick with what works.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@darcyswan

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information:

• The lights you're seeing on the Sure Signal
  • The results of a traceroute

VSS Traceroute command

• On a PC:
    • Click on Start and select Run
    • Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
    • A black box will appear
    • In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
    • Paste the output of this command into your reply

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.