Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal version 1

Dron1984
2: Seeker

Hi I have been having problems with my Vodafone sure signal.

I received a new handset the other day and as I am the sure signal admin I had to deregister and re-register the sure signal to get it to work with my new phone.
Since then nothing would work. The following would happen:

Lights blink once top to bottom
Power light goes steady
Internet light blinks then goes steady
Bottom light with tick blinks then all lights go off and process repeats. It does this a few times then only shows power light.

I called Vodafone but had nightmare due to lack of signal. Next I took it to my parents to see if it would work on their internet but nothing.
Just got home and thought I would try one last time and something different happened.
Lights flashed in different ways for a while and now power and Internet lights are both on static.
Is this a good sign?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cineriv
16: Advanced member

Hi Dron1984,

I'm fairly sure that you have a faulty power supply which is quite common at the moment for the V1 Sure Signal and does create the classic symptom that you describe.

This problem is well described in the first post of this thread ... http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/SureSignal-1-flashing-but-not-working-possible-f...

Replacement power supplies are readily available from Amazon or Ebay and cost around £10 delivered. Just search for 'sure signal power supply'.

Good luck.

Mike.

View solution in original position

18 REPLIES 18

cineriv

Hi Dron1984,

I'm fairly sure that you have a faulty power supply which is quite common at the moment for the V1 Sure Signal and does create the classic symptom that you describe.

This problem is well described in the first post of this thread ... http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/SureSignal-1-flashing-but-not-working-possible-f...

Replacement power supplies are readily available from Amazon or Ebay and cost around £10 delivered. Just search for 'sure signal power supply'.

Good luck.

Mike.

Dron1984
Ok I was hoping that now I have solid lights maybe it needed an update or something and that's what's happening.

cineriv

Hi Dron1984

OK, hold on until a member of the Tech Team responds.

But whatever the result is, I highly recommend replacing the power supply as 4-5 years of continuous use does make them prone to problems.

You could just have a check around to see if you can 'borrow' a suitable power supply from somewhere just to test the SS.

The power requirements are 12 volts @ at least 1.5 Amps and a 2.5x5.5mm connector.

A likely source is a external hard drive that has a mains power supply.

Good luck,

Mike.

Dron1984
Hi , yeah just read through the link you provided about the cable.
All sounds about right so Im buying a new one. Thanks for your help!

cineriv

It's going to take a few days to get to you as it's a Bank Holiday,

have a look around for a alternative supply to hopefully get you going as outlined in my last post.

Regards

Mike.

Dron1984
Will do, got a bag full of old cables do will go through it tomorrow.
Thanks

Hello V'fone Tech types,

This is a virtual repeat of a problemwhich you eventually solved in October 2013.

You did that by actually doing something secretive within the V'fone organisation.

Here is a problem.

We have a S.Sig.v3 which is currently running beutifully - no problems

I bought, used, a S.Sig v1. and installed it on Wednesday 3 June 2015.

At 16.24hr. on that day I received an e-,ail informing me that the device had been registered and it has duly appeared in my account

the poor little thing has spent the last 28 hours trying to catch your attention and connect to the V'fone network = as yet - failed.

It is still trying 21.11hr Thursday

Our  S.Sigv3. is working in a quietly smug manner.

When I tried to add my wife's numer to my account I was given the message..." SORRY. There seems to be a problem.  We'rre working hard to fix the issue. So please try again later. 500.2004"

My acct no: [removed by Moderator]

S.Sig.v1 ser no. 21223483328

Please do not rabbit on about Ip gateways, ttracert, pings and the like.

We have S.Sig.v3 running on the same line as the S.Sigv1 is trying to connect through - 'seemples'

What is the problem?????

Why is it still present after 17 months????

What are you doing about it??

Tell me !

I would like to be able to reccomend V'fone but you make it so difficult.

Many thanks

D.Lox.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @dmlox

The problem here could simply be that you’re trying to use 2 Sure Signals.

If they’re close and within each other’s range, this can cause problems. Any updates sent by us to your router, will often only be forwarded onto 1 of the devices.

The same can happen the other way round too – so when they’re both trying to connect, only 1 will make it to our servers.

I’m afraid we can’t guarantee that the second Sure Signal will work, whilst in the same area as the first.

Thanks,

Jenny

Mornin' Jenny.

Thank for the hints.

They are currently about 16 feet apart with an 18 inch stone wall between them

I will scour round to find a dead 'dead' area and try again - must buy some cable!!

a.t.b.

D.Lox