Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone connect router DHCP settings

mattman
4: Newbie

I have posted this into off topic as I can not see any reference to Vodafone Home phone and Broadband.

I have install the router and all is working but there one thing that is missing from the setting of the VDSL router that being a function to turn off DHCP, I have for the pasted 10 year had my own network running at home with a fully working server that is my DHCP & DNS server but for the first time in history I have just sign up for 18 month and got a bloody router that has no function in the GUI settings pages to turn OFF the DHCP server. So for now I will have to wait for 18 months before I can change ISP. thanks vodafone tech team for missing this one. If there is anyone out there that can offer me a firmware update to give me the function to turn OFF DHCP then please post it.

602 REPLIES 602

jimborae
Yep mine is more unstable on the new firmware. It started out good but as time went by I started getting more WiFi disconnects and general instability requiring a reboot.

Insane.

Mine is as stable as anything on 5.4.8.1.160.13.77 it just misses out on crucial functionality.

I don't think I want to upgrade if Wifi is dropping out loads and you need to reboot it daily - that's so rubbish.

It's not like we can choose whether we upgrade or not; no control over it whatsoever.

Would it be unstable if you didn't use the Wi-Fi? I was planning to use it just as a forwarding router.

I'd like to use it as a wireless access point only lol as it's Wireless AC.

My password is eight characters, alphabetic only (a mix of upper and lower case) - i.e. no digits or special characters.

My contract is coming to an end with BT and tbh I was going to move to Vodafone on price. Although BT couldn't match £10 per month for fibre, the "lifetime' cost over 24 months (which is BT's re-sign obligation) is only a saving of £30 once you factor in the activation and P&P fees, so I'm staying put. I probably would have moved had I not heard about this router hassle.

They waived all joining charges for me, I joined for free by calling them up a couple of weeks ago.

The router hassle doesn't bother me at all with my solution, other than them blocking port 443 for their mobile app to control the router - a cool little app if being able to control the red LED shadow and wifi settings is exciting for you.

It'd just be nice to have the freedom of using our own routers; although I don't have a VDSL modem / router I could plug in right now anyway.

I wonder if the BT Openreach VDSL model would work with a standard PPoE router authentication?

Lemaru
It's not just my tv cant, it's every device... Phone, laptop, tv, android tv. As soon as the routers restarted all is good again. Thought the problem I'm having alot recently is that any wireless device isn't getting an IP address..... Thing will go in the bin soon.

Official complaint is going to be filed. Of anyone knows anywhere else we can complain to then let us know as this is getting beyond a joke.

Lemaru
@ywu - you are better off staying put. I pay barely anything for VF broadband and would be happier paying 30quid a month elsewhere to have working hardware and better customer service.

Even my old HomeHub 3 ##~## all over this. Never had an issue with that, it just worked!

This Beta firmware (next version) was promised to be released early in the new year last December.

The fact they tried to do a rollout and it was a complete mess is a big embarrassment for the Vodafone Broadband development team.