Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

my phone hss no internet connection

BethKidd
1: Seeker

Hi. My Samsung galaxy s4 has had no internet since I updated to the most recent software on sunday. I can use WiFi but no mobile data.

Google said to reset my APN settings. I've tried that and it works, then an option asks me to choose if I'm on Vodafone contract or pay as you go. I choose contract and then it wipes all the settings again and no internet. If i try and manually make a new APN myself, the settings crash and it can't open that window.

I've tried where you text web to one of the Vodafone numbers and it sends you your settings by text. That doesn't work.

I've tried battery pulls and sim card pulls and nothing.

At my wits end and really could do with my mobile data tomorrow night as will need the maps app. Any ideas? Also not over the moon that I'm paying for mobile data I'm not even using :Sad_face:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

I think your issue may be related to the latest update.  There is an official statement from Vodafone here about it.  I would normally say that it may be worth doing a factory reset anyway but the announcement says not to do that.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi there. Its always a good idea to do a factory reset after a firmware update.

That would be the first thing I would try.

drey_p

Hi there

I think your issue may be related to the latest update.  There is an official statement from Vodafone here about it.  I would normally say that it may be worth doing a factory reset anyway but the announcement says not to do that.

PWIAC

63johnw
Thanks for the info @drey_p hopefully they can get it sorted soon for the customers affected.

drey_p

You're welcome @63johnw - spotted it just a few minutes ago, hence actually remembering that there was an issue LOL

PWIAC