Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Activated today

davewill22
4: Newbie

Hi, 

got a problem, broadband got activated today and account to people I have spoke to the line is working well and good signal. 

however, I cannot connect to the internet. The router has 3 solid stable white lights, and when I connect my phone and pc it’s saying no internet connection available. 

pictures provided. 

anyone help please 

6199F4B6-AAC5-4150-B272-227256600B24.jpeg

image.jpg

 my package is super fast 100

thanks in advance 

34 REPLIES 34

I’ve reset everything, double checked web controls, reset the router, barring smashing the thing to bits nothing has worked. 

I’ve got a technical ticket raised, if it’s not fixed in the next 24-48hrs Iam cancelling the broadband, haven’t the time for this messing about 

thanks for the assistance 

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I understand how important it is to keep connected @davewill22, especially now. Our technical team will pick your ticket up and get this resolved as soon as possible. If you would like any update on the fault, please drop us a message on social media. Make sure to include your landline/account number, your forum username and a link back to this thread to save repeating yourself.

Have you tried: ipconfig /flushdns

When i first setup a pfsense box i had an ip but couldn't ping anything that command fixed it for me. ( I know your not on pfsense ) but worth a shot.

Hi,

Tried that and still no connection. On the hub page, I’ve tried to update the firmware and it keeps failing try again a future date error message. 

see what the tech team says.. but Iam not impressed so far 

Sorry to hear this is happening to you must be really frustrating!

Do you have another router you can try?.

Only my bt one, still connected to their Broadband as it’s 30 day etc. thankfully 

I have tried turn that one off and d/c etc before anyone suggests that haha 

Well still no reply from the tech team, and haven’t had chance to chase them up. 

still no connection even tho the app and router says internet connection strong signal via the wan. 

time to cancel before I start paying for nothing 

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member

If the HUB has an IP address assigned, then the connection is good. Is the phone led illuminated on the HUB? If it isn't and you have factory reset the thing, then it must be an account related issue. Maybe the physical connection was completed by Openreach but Vodafone have failed to finalise things on their end? If the phone led is lit, then for sure the HUB is connected and communicating with Vodafone's provisioning server at a minimum and was able to transmit and receive data in order to obtain said configuration file.

FYI - Firmware update requests always fail on the HUB.

Good news, 

tech finally got in touch and after they reset the activation at their end it fully working now. 
so Iam guessing something went wrong at their end. 

Took the engineer less then 30mins to fix the issue, frustrating that I’ve had to go through all that messing about for it to be just that. 

thanks for the help everyone 

Jayach

Great to hear you are finally working @davewill22

From the information you gave us, it was obvious the basics of the connection were working so I can't imagine just what they had done at their end as the router was obviously authenticating fine. How it could have taken them so long to resolve is beyond me.

On a not so happy note, my broadband has gone down today, The line is connecting to the cabinet, but the router isn't authenticating. (and I have 2 routers and they both do the same)

Wish me luck, I'm having to hotspot from my phone.