cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Broadband Cutting Out Regularly Throughout the Day - Makes WFH Conference Calls impossible

hh0
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm a Vodafone customer for 2 years (not by choice, but by there being very few options available in my SW London Location).

Ever since we have been with Vodafone the broadband cuts out around 12-15 times a day, for around 2-3 minutes at a time. This happens on every device, laptop/desktop/phone.

Vodafone customer support are absolutely useless at fixing this or sending someone out to check the line, so around 12 months ago we bought enterprise router and modem hardware (at a great personal cost) to replace the stock router with, in the hope it would fix the issues.

It didn't fix the issues, pretty much confirming the fault is with the broadband line Vodafone are providing.

Now in COVID era I have to work from home and do many conference calls, and this issue is even more impactful. What are we supposed to do? Vodafone are not providing any support in helping.

2 REPLIES 2

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

No help I know, but I'm having the same problem. Has apparently been escalated, but I haven't heard anything yet.

I once got a run of 11 days without a disconnection but apart from that there a multiple disconnections at random times throughout the day.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @hh0, I understand how important it is to have a stable connection, especially now!

- Do you experience the drops over a wired connection as well as wireless?

- Have you tried connecting your router to your test socket to see if the drops persist?

So that we can run some tests on your line could you drop us a message on social media? Make sure you include a link to this thread and your landline/account number so you don't need to repeat anything 😊