Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

no sound when calling my Virgin landline

ivanka_raicheva
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Cannot hear when calling my Virgin landline from my Vodafone mobile. The other person on the receiving end can hear me. Have no problem when calling other landlines.  Also checked my Virgin landline other mobiles from other networks can call without problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @ivanka_raicheva 

If the person you are calling on your Virgin landline can hear you perfectly but you are unable to hear them, it sounds like the call is being routed by Vodafone to your Virgin landline as it should be.  The problem may be due to the call routing between Virgin and your Vodafone number.

Although it will be beneficial to speak to the Social Team, they will be able to raise a case, you will need to take this up with your landline provider they will need to liaise with Vodafone and check the call routing between your landline and Vodafone number.

If this affects your number there may well be issues between other Vodafone and Virgin landline numbers and certainly needs to be looked at from both providers.

@ivanka_raicheva 

Let the Social Team handle this, they will be able to raise this with the network team.  Virgin have their own community and that  may be a good place to get advice.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers

That's a conundrum @ivanka_raicheva 

Have you spoken with Vodafone Customer Services on 191 to have your account checked.

Might be worth also contacting your landline providers customer services too.

Unfortunately issues like yours where the service works fine generally but not with a specific connection can be difficult to troubleshoot. 

The Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries may also be worth contacting. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @ivanka_raicheva 

If the person you are calling on your Virgin landline can hear you perfectly but you are unable to hear them, it sounds like the call is being routed by Vodafone to your Virgin landline as it should be.  The problem may be due to the call routing between Virgin and your Vodafone number.

Although it will be beneficial to speak to the Social Team, they will be able to raise a case, you will need to take this up with your landline provider they will need to liaise with Vodafone and check the call routing between your landline and Vodafone number.

If this affects your number there may well be issues between other Vodafone and Virgin landline numbers and certainly needs to be looked at from both providers.

@ivanka_raicheva 

Let the Social Team handle this, they will be able to raise this with the network team.  Virgin have their own community and that  may be a good place to get advice.

Thanks for suggestions and assistance.  I asked a friend who has Vodafone mobile to call my landline and she did not hear.  So really the problem is between Vodafone and Virgin landline.  I will be calling them tomorrow,  Which is best to call first Vodafone or Virgin?  Once again very useful comments

Ringing both is required @ivanka_raicheva 

It doesn't really matter which one first as they'll both check their systems. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.