main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Amazon Fire Hd Tablet

be5513
2: Seeker

I took out a pro extra broadband plan about a month ago and was told I would be entitled to a free Amazon fire hd tablet for being an existing mobile customer. Also saw it can take 28 days to receive the code to be able to redeem this but I still haven’t received this at all. Anyone else having the same issue?

View more options
38 REPLIES 38
MarkD

Hi @be5513, if you placed the Home Broadband order between 1 Oct 2021 and 1 Nov 2021, you should be eligible for the Fire HD Tablet as-long as you're an existing pay monthly mobile customer and the order was done with us directly (on Vodafone.co.uk, over the phone, live chat or in store). It can take up to 28 days for the voucher to be sent your registered e-mail address after the service has been installed. If it's been longer than 28 days and you've checked your junk and spam folders, drop us a private message on Facebook or Twitter and we'll be happy to investigate. 

View more options
be5513

I did it in store and my broadband went like on the 28th of October. So it’s been over a month and I haven’t had anything. I got onto an online chat yesterday and was told I should be getting an email through in the next couple of days 

View more options
MarkD

Cheers for the update @be5513. If the e-mail doesn't arrive, send us a private message on Twitter or Facebook and we can investigate. When you send us a message, if get through to the Bot, just select 'Get Started', followed by 'Asked to DM'. You can find the contact details here

View more options
mitster
3: Seeker

I placed my order on 7th November, and it showed up during checkout that I would be eligible as well as I am an existing Vodafone customer, as well as a £130 Amazon voucher which hasn't showed up yet. Service went live on 24th November. 

Thank you

View more options
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @mitster - did you place your order directly through us? The time period for the tablet was between the 1 Oct 2021 and 1 Nov 2021, so you fall outside of this.

The Amazon voucher you're referring to sounds like an offer from Gift Cloud. It will take between 90 and 120 days after the original purchase date for your purchase to be verified as eligible for a voucher. We strongly recommend letting this 120-day period pass before querying the status of your voucher; but we would recommend that you contact the 3rd party for clarity, the details should be found on the confirmation e-mail.

Hope that clears things up 😊

View more options
mitster

Hi @TJ

When I checked out it showed me that I was eligible for the tablet as an existing mobile customer and Amazon voucher. I even screen grabbed it. It's one of the reasons why I took broadband out with you guys...who do I need to escalate this to? I've even got an email confirming that I would be sent a code for amazon to obtain the tablet..just haven't got the code..

Thanks

View more options
JulesRulesOK

I'm having same problem. Need Voucher Code to get my tablet free from Amazon. Spoken to Customer Services and Complaints and Shop Manager. Is there anyone in Vodafone who can activate my voucher. The staff don't know. Guess I'll have to write to the CEO, Ahmed Essam. 😞 

View more options
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

We'll be happy to take a look into this voucher code for you @JulesRulesOK. So one of our team can access your account, please get in touch via Facebook, or contact us on Twitter. You can find more information on doing this here. Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; so you won't have to explain yourself again. 

View more options
mitster

Hey TJ...What about me? Can I do the same?

View more options
andyrwilliams84

I'm having exactly the same problem, contacted several times through chat "escalated to manager" and promised I'd receive it "soon"  My go live date was 03/11/2021.  Frustrating to say the least.  I've now been told "it's on it's way", still no email in my inbox though.

View more options
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

Of course @mitster - feel free to pop us a message via one of our social channels and we'll be happy to take a look into your order. 

@andyrwilliams84 if you'd like us to chase up yours as well, please contact our team via Facebook, or get in touch on Twitter. You can find more information on doing this here.

Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker. 

View more options
Paule2713

I'm still waiting for my Kindle HD 8 email as promised by Steven in the Chester shop.

View more options
Paule2713

My broadband order was placed on the last day of the offer which was 20th December 2022 and was told to look out for an email which has yet to materialise

View more options
andyrwilliams84

I'm still waiting from the earlier version of the offer from 3rd November.  Been in contact 5 times. First time they told me 30 days. Then 60 days. A slightly different version of what o should expect each time. Really annoyed at customer service and so tired  of repeating myself. Disappointed in the service is an understatement. 

View more options
Paule2713

Glad I'm not the only one Andy, I was expecting to be able to present to my mum in the middle of February as a birthday present, but I'm not holding out much hope of that! I'm afraid it's a hook to get you in the contract and then PPS follows!

View more options
Mark

Lets see if we can get to the bottom of these issues for you @Paule2713 & @andyrwilliams84. As you were advised Andy, it can take up to 30 days for the voucher to be emailed to you. As your order was only place on December 20 @Paule2713, we'll need to wait until January 18 before we can escalate this for you. 

As your order was placed earlier than this @andyrwilliams84, we can take a look into this for you. If you pop us a private message through one of our social channels, we'll look into what's delayed this and get a replacement voucher out to you.

View more options
Paule2713

Thank you Mark, I left EE and my journey to Vodaphone has not been very smooth......the router and my new mobile phone arrived earlier than what I had planned from DPD which is great if you are in.

Also my mobile phone number has not ported over yet from EE to my new vodaphone mobile......The kindle is a bonus if you are able to sort it for us Mark.

The porting of my number is next to sort, but I did try today but was on hold with customer services for 15 mins so I hung up.

I do appreciate your Mark, have a good weekend.

Paul 

View more options
Mark

It doesn't sound like you've had the smoothest of starts to your time with us @Paule2713. Without knowing when you requested to port your number over to us, I can't give you any specific information about this. What I can tell you is no mobile company transfers numbers over the weekend, If you submitted your request on Friday, the earliest it will be transferred over to us is Tuesday. If you requested this before Friday, reach out to us by following the link in my last message and we'll be able to check when this is due to be transferred, if it's been delayed why and what we can do to get it back on track. If you let us know about the tablet aswell, we can also see if there's anything we can do to get this sorted any sooner.

View more options
Paule2713

Thank you Mark......it was Steven in the Chester shop that ported my number on 20th December. Same day I bought my new phone and signed a two year contract for broadband at my mum's house.

If I have to go back in to the Chester shop I will do, but that will be next weekend at the earliest.

Thanks,

Paul

View more options