Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband app won’t pair with phone

lukejmcgrath
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My broadband app won’t pair with my phone, it hangs on the screen that asks me to press WPS for 2 seconds. 

I've tried turning off mobile data, deleting and reinstalling the app and turning my router off and on again. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi

AHA!

WPS enables you to easily connect wireless devices to your Vodafone Wi-Fi Hub. Here, you can choose how you want to connect your wireless devices.

WPS Function

WPS is applied to

Pair your devices by pressing a button

To pair your device, press 'Pair'. Then press the WPS button on the device you want to connect.
Your Vodafone Wi-Fi Hub will be open for pairing for up to two minutes after you've pressed 'Pair.'
Start pairing

On my old VM hub it also gave an option to enter a PIN number.

So the app is deficient to the extent of 1 pairing button.

iOS 10.1 or better?
Daft idea, the base of the hub has a QR code?

View solution in original position

43 REPLIES 43

Had this with mine on the Pro hub/router. 

I called the Pro helpline and they updated the router remotely. Once rebooted I started the process. The router was still not connecting in the WPS mode so they got me to press the WPS button again (about 15 seconds into the WPS process) and it connected straight away.

Hope this works for you as I know how frustrating this gets!!

Thanks. This is useful info but the thought of ringing their helpline and waiting for God knows how long in order to fix something that should be working straight away fills me with dread. The first thing I thought of was to check the software release of my router but it confirmed I was up to date.

I will try your suggestions out however if I get a block of time that I don't mind wasting listening to call centre music. 

On a more general note, the item of functionality I am interested in is the ability to boost a particular device for a period of time. Vodafone claim this is available on my router, but (as far as I can make out), this facility seems to be available via the app (which as above I can't connect to); but doesn't seem to be available if you log in directly to the router via the admin page. (192.168.1.1/admin/password)

Is this correct or has anyone managed to boost a device via admin log in? If not can anyone explain why the app has different functionality to a straight log in?  Again you would hope testing would have spotted this and raised a FAQ if necessary to avoid unnecessary clutter on the chat pages.....

This doesn’t work. 
I like many still have the problem of not being able to pair my Vodafone Broadband App to the Router. 
I can connect my iPhone and any other device to router but the Vodafone app won’t pair as instructed on the app by using the WPS button. iPhones do not allow pairing through WPS buttons. 
The solution offered here of scanning the QR code on the router doesn’t work either. 
Seems a major default. 
many ideas? 

Well here we are in November 2021 and still not resolved. I have just gone to Vodaphone for broadband. Excellent price, excellent router with a fast connection which I have successfully connected to Mac, iPad, iPhone, Kindle etc. However the Broadband App as others have stated will simply not connect to the router. It finds the router then suggest WPS which of course doesn’t work with iPhones. If I pretend it has found the wrong router it then suggests connecting the iPhone to the router via the iPhone settings - but it is already connected though the app remains unconnected. If I try the QR code it sees it and responds to it but the router won’t let it connect. I’ve done to usual off and ons etc and no joy. Somewhat baffled. 

Not having an iPhone, I can't really help with getting it paired, it works fine on Android.

However I can't see any real advantage of using the app over using the router interface. In fact you can do more with the interface.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Vodafone has certainly relaxed how the app does things on Android, to the extent that it even connects to my Asus router!  Can't change any settings obviously, but it does connect!

Yes agreed it is not essential. Just convenient. I will probably just delete it but Vodaphone need to know the App does not (always) work on iPhones. I couldn’t set it up on my iPad either. I’m quite techie but really can’t solve this one. 

Does the iPhone app give you the option to use the WiFi password to pair? Other users on this thread have said using the QR code has worked for them, but the QR code contains the default password, so if you have changed yours, try using the one on the bottom of the router as well as the current one.

Thanks for the input. I did think of that so reverted to the original name for the router but have never changed the password.  The QR code doesn’t help as it responds but of course the iPhone is already connected to the router. So the phone is connected but the app refuses to connect. WPD doesn’t work so the next screen is as attached. Both of these options (which I have tried) are pointless as the iPhone is already connected! What is odd is that from the forums this appears to affect only a tiny number of users. 🤔

5E44684C-4B7A-4FB4-81F4-A06A7F3F744C.png

Your picture hasn't been moderated yet, but the current version of the Android app only offers WPS button to pair. Which does work, even though I have WPS turned off in the router!! It doesn't like the button being held, but just needs a quick stab on the button or it won't work. Perhaps try that on your router as, even though iPhones don't use WPS, perhaps it triggers something in the router to accept the incoming app. (yes i know it sounds unlikely, but so does the fact mine works when WPS is disabled)

I'm sure the previous version of the Android app had 3 options for pairing, WPS, router password or scan QR code (from within app) and the first time I did it I used the QR code, maybe the iPhone app is similar to that.

Perhaps once your picture is viewable it may suggest some other method.