Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband app won’t pair with phone

lukejmcgrath
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My broadband app won’t pair with my phone, it hangs on the screen that asks me to press WPS for 2 seconds. 

I've tried turning off mobile data, deleting and reinstalling the app and turning my router off and on again. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi

AHA!

WPS enables you to easily connect wireless devices to your Vodafone Wi-Fi Hub. Here, you can choose how you want to connect your wireless devices.

WPS Function

WPS is applied to

Pair your devices by pressing a button

To pair your device, press 'Pair'. Then press the WPS button on the device you want to connect.
Your Vodafone Wi-Fi Hub will be open for pairing for up to two minutes after you've pressed 'Pair.'
Start pairing

On my old VM hub it also gave an option to enter a PIN number.

So the app is deficient to the extent of 1 pairing button.

iOS 10.1 or better?
Daft idea, the base of the hub has a QR code?

View solution in original position

43 REPLIES 43

Problem solved. I was all ready to try the 'quick WPS blip' suggestion, so started the App... and miraculously for no reason at all... without any blip.... it connected to the router - displaying the serial number, which confused me at first. So all is fine now. We have been having problems with our local mobile phone mast for ages, and it may be that even if the iPhone is connected to the router that the App needs a strong mobile signal to connect. Thanks for your help folks. 

Last thing I would have thought of....Mobile signal here is crap 2.0 so had to stand outside to get connected but now have paired.. Still having bother getting Boosters connected so will have to try similar when weather permits.

Looks like I’m a bit late to the party but just having the same problem. The quick press of WPS worked for me and app now connected. Cheers!!

I had all the same problems with my iPhone and not pairing.

I then tried pressing the WPS button again BUT just as a short/quick stab - it worked straight away.

Many thanks for the suggestion.