cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wireless channel selection missing in expert mode?

Adster
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello

I was having some issues with my modem/router THG-3000, so I did a factory reset. However, now there is no option to select the wireless channels in expert mode. I need to manually select my 5GHZ channel to achieve max speeds on my wireless.

Was this removed by a recent firmware update or is my router bugged?

Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found a solution to change the channel! While the issue still does exist (and hopefully they fix it soon) when trying to change the channel in Expert Mode, if you have Vodafone App you cna change the channel for your Wi-Fi through that. I hav the iOS version of the app, and in that, if I go to Wi-Fi, then Advanced Settings I cna change the channel in there. Hope this helps!

View solution in original position

206 REPLIES 206

Jayach
16: Advanced member

OMG. The channel change option is back on my THG3000. 

It works in all the browsers I have tried and in the app, but the firmware is still the same. Anyone else?

Cynric

.@Jayach

Bother! I went to see what my THG3000 was like and I turned on the Wi-Fi to see and now it refuses to turn off the Wi-Fi. Anyway, I don't have channel change back yet.

Current version of firmware is 19.2.0307-3261013

Update: So I enabled the Wi-Fi on/off button feature and turned it off at the router. The I returned to my browser and refreshed the screen. The Wi-Fi showed as off and the button as enabled, I then disabled the button and saved my changes only for the screen to show Wi-Fi enabled and button disabled !!! It's turning the blasted Wi-Fi back on when I didn't want it. As a PS to the whole affair the Android app steadfastly refused to connect to the router.

Just checked, it's not working for me. 

I've tried a firmware update and it failed to find one. 

Could you please let us know your firmware version? Perhaps you can login from an incognito browser tab so no data is cached when checking?

Much appreciated.

Thanks. 

I doubt there is any workaround to this problem. Probably not even an old app can solve the problem unless it uses a different backend on the router.

I made this test and the value, despite still available, is ignored by the router. See here:

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-broadband-queries/Vodafone-Wi-Fi-Hub-bug-in-web-GUI-cannot-cha...

Jayach

@radumamy wrote:

Just checked, it's not working for me. 

I've tried a firmware update and it failed to find one. 

Well it's still working for me this afternoon.

My current firmware is 19.2.0307-3261013 ( I have two THG3000's the other one has 19.2.0203-3261005, maybe I will try it later).

Jayach

OMG again. It's now not working for me in any browser on PC or Linux, but is still working on Android phone in both browsers (Chrome and Opera tried) and also the app (and I powered the phone off/on just in case something was cached). Weird.

Edit: That was my error, it was still working in all browsers, see my later post.

And it's March the 1st not April the 1st  😉

@Jayach

if I were you I would be a bit scary living with such router around... I think it's gaining consciousness! 😱 😁!

One of these days while you are trying to change some settings, you could hear the router saying: "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that!" 🤣

https://youtu.be/ARJ8cAGm6JE

Jayach

@_rik_

It possibly knows I've already got another ready to replace it. I quite like the hardware of this router so I got a Technicolor DGA4231 off eBay as it appears to be the same hardware in a different box which I prefer the look of, it's got twinkly green LEDs!!. I opened them up and it's exactly the same motherboard but with Technicolor firmware.

Any way I booted up my other THG3000 (firmware 19.2.0203-3261005) and it behaves the same, no channel selection on PC but there is when using an Android browser (Silk on Fire tablet this time).

Don't know it anyone else could try using a browser on Android?

Edit: Ignore that, it was me being dumb!

Thanks @_rik_   one of my favourites,  I can remember when HAL was seen as a one letter step from IBM

who I hear you say............