main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Wireless channel selection missing in expert mode?

SOLVED
View solved solution
essex_guy
3: Seeker

I should say to splitting the SSID is only half the battle though. I’d still need to change the channels too. For some reason my 5ghz band always goes to some stupidly high channel nothing can see. Ideally I’d like it on 36 - 48

View more options
Cynric
12: Established

Here's the sang, 36-48 is what everyone can see and just about what everyone's hardware defaults to. If, like me, you go to one of the higher channels you can have a great time without any cross-over from the neighbours. Well unless for certain channels that your neighbour isn't an airport as some radar frequencies are/were in the same band.

View more options
Jayach
16: Advanced member

@essex_guy wrote:

Thanks, yes I am on the Pro Gigafast 900 Xtra Plan.

There is no option to split the bands in the app or the router web interface for me. I’d be grateful for any help.

Unfortunately they seem to have removed the option to split the bands on Pro as well as the option to select the channels. Possibly some limitation of the extenders.

View more options