Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Online account error

mike37p
4: Newbie

I get the following error message when I sign on to my account - under the account summary tab

"Sorry, there seems to be a problem

We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.: 104, Unexpected error: Invalid Data Value - AccountID should be Numeric(Error codes: 104_ null) - [Error ref 1j2]"

I've reported this and was told it would be fixed in "a few day" but no-one would contact me when it was!

Its a few days later, it isn't fixed and no-one has contacted me.

To me it looks like an internal error where the account number (which starts AM) isn't compaitble with a new update.

Any ideas how I can sort this out? 

167 REPLIES 167

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for the update @Chris_Sav, I'm really sorry to hear about the experience you've had and apologise for any additional inconvenience this has caused.

We're still waiting on an update in regards to the online account issues and will be back in touch as soon as we know more. 

Hi I think we all thought a fix was being done this week. Can anyone find out exactly what is going on as it looks like another P R disaster for vodafone

I wonder why Vodafone was rated at the bottom of the customer service survey by Which? 

This is now getting even more annoying. A £10 top up would normally last me 6-8 weeks. For some strange reason I topped up another £10 on 22/4 (before my previous £10 had been touched). I have now had to top up another £10 because I got a message saying that my credit had reduced to £0.91p!! That's over £20 used in 6days????? No way is that possible, but I cannot challenge it because I STILL CANNOT SEE MY USAGE HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You need to get this problem solved quickly.

Nobody has mentioned compensation so far but I think they should be talking a goodwill gesture. Thats if they care !

Today is Friday 26th. April at around 11 ack-emma, thus I can confirm that the fix allged to have been made on 17th. April 2019 hasn't resolved the problem Moderator help please....

I too have been a Voda PAYG since the dawn of time... My account number starts with "AM".

You would think that in a company that deals with INFORMATION, the internal system would flag up the error for CSR's attention (perhaps there are generally too many errors around to make that suggestion practicable ???)

Jibes apart (sorry) how do I get my account fixed? wharra-bout just stripping off the two alpha  characters - too easy......

Some help would  not go amiss   or - heavens forfend - a solution that works...  

FWIW and to further demonstrate that the error is with the alpha prefix, I also have another account which is pure numeric - and it works perfic'...

Second edit:  (sorry) - looking through this thread yet again, I noticed that there was a supposed fix last weekend.  IIRC my account was working up to 18th. April 2019 - al least I could see my balance and attempt to buy a bundle. It's not unreasonable to assume therfore that the update reversed previous fixes for the account name / number problem? 

We were told a fix was due this week. It is now Friday and nothing. Does anyone else think that at the least we deserve is a proper statement from someone senior in Vodafone to explain what is or is not going on. If no explanation is forthcoming soon I am going to highlight this ongoing problem to BBC watchdog next week as I think we have all been very patient. 

Looking back through the thread I note that this iteration of the AM accounts ptoblem has ben unresolved since 15th March!!

It cannot take six weeks to fix a software fault ==> Non-digitus extractus!!

I am PAYG. Yesterday there was a red box on the 'my vodafone/usage' page saying "We're working hard to fix the issue so please try again later". Today the red box has gone but the problem remains: when I try and check my usage it shows "There's nothing we can show you". I spoke to a very friendly lady on the compalints line who could see all my in-plan and out-of-plan usage and would happily have sat there for over an hour reading it all out to me...but I lost the will to live.!! She was unable to email the info to me "for security reasons"  (why? my email address is the same as my login info). If Vodafone can see my usage why can't I? Is this a problem for the Ombudsman??

There's a few ways to get some action.

** Ofcom. However unless your very patient it's a long process . This needs a formal complaint. After 8 weeks (or earlier if Vodafone talks to you) you can ask for a deadlock letter and then go to CISAS or Ombudsman Services Communications.

** Twitter. This often gets things moving. There are many more watching Twitter than thi sight.

** Go straight to the CEOs office. Might work but I suspect that they are overwhelmed by complaints

**Move to another provider - if your PAYG you'll lose your current top up but not much more. Vodafone give a code fairly quickly - mine was less than 2 hours.

I'd raise a formal complaint anyway. They'll email you saying it's resolved but you can refuse this and at least it's formally logged if you want to go any further.

I think it is really appalling - longer and worse than last time. Vodafone should really be doing more and keeping in touch properly