Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Online account error

mike37p
4: Newbie

I get the following error message when I sign on to my account - under the account summary tab

"Sorry, there seems to be a problem

We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.: 104, Unexpected error: Invalid Data Value - AccountID should be Numeric(Error codes: 104_ null) - [Error ref 1j2]"

I've reported this and was told it would be fixed in "a few day" but no-one would contact me when it was!

Its a few days later, it isn't fixed and no-one has contacted me.

To me it looks like an internal error where the account number (which starts AM) isn't compaitble with a new update.

Any ideas how I can sort this out? 

167 REPLIES 167

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

I'm reasonably sure that I saw advance warning (on the login page) of maintenance of My Vodafone due to take place at some point over the Easter weekend, but then the warning disappeared.

If it is still due to happen, that might include the fix to our problem. Looking at the time stamps on page 3 of this thread confirms my recollection that there was a longish period of maintenance over the August BH weekend, which included a fix for that version of the problem.

Let's hope!

@Mark wrote:

Hi all, the team have been in touch regarding the issues with your profiles. They have a fix for this and it's due to be released later this week.

We'll remain in contact with them and advise when this has been put in place.

I hope Vodafone are able to fix thsi long-standing issue - it is getting really frustrating!!!

I am desparate to be able to see the charges that I have incurred outside my calls package as we are now beyond the financial year end.

'Later this week' has now passed. Summary of Vodafone's actions by text that I cannot reply to over the last few days.

1) 14/04  'Hi Chris it's Anita from Vodafone, We tried to call you again at 09:28' - They had not before and they did not again as no missed calls.

2) 14/04 'I'll try again by 19/04/2019' - they have not.

3) 16/04 'It's all sorted now, although please note it will take 24hrs to take effect. You'll need to reregister' - 

a) I cannot reregister as it says number aleardy registered.

b) Old account still says 'No services used on this account' despite there being an in credit PAYG account

4) 19/04 'Hi It's Anita I'll be calling you' - I won't hold my breath!!
5) 19/04 'Hi Chris it's Anita from Vodafone, We tried to call you again at 13:18' - Oh no they didn't as I've been sitting here waiting!

Marks out of ten for customer service? I'll leave that to the readers discretion, but my patience is wearing thin!

Annie_N

@SuperStomper wrote:

I hope Vodafone are able to fix this long-standing issue - it is getting really frustrating!!!

I am desperate to be able to see the charges that I have incurred outside my calls package as we are now beyond the financial year end.

Yes, it gets near impossible to cope when a problem persists this long. The itemised usage theoretically goes back 90 days, but there also seems to be a 100-item limit. Correction - that should be 600 items, but I've only now (28th April) been able to view my account!

I live in an area of poor signal. If I have mobile data switched on, well, I don't get through much data, but I can generate 5 or more items per day on my account - after factoring in calls and texts, I can reach the 100-item ceiling within a few days. If push really comes to shove, I guess there's always the Subject Access Request route, but .........

I've just phoned them and, after some getting the agent to understand, they acknowledged it's a known problem affecting many people and will be fixed in another two to three working days..

Presumably working days don't start until next Tuesday,.

Strange but I have lingering doubts after this reassurance.

Annie_N

If they're acknowledging "a known problem affecting many people", that sounds pretty encouraging :Smiling: - though I suppose it could just be an agent displaying initiative in getting you off the line :Winking_smiley:

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to see so many people are still being affected by this issue. I've requested an update from the team responsible for pushing the update. Once this has been done, there should be no further issues in connecting to your online accounts.

Just when you think Vodafone could not ##~## up my account further!

My old AM account has now disappeared, I can now register the Vodafone sim without being told it's already registered.

Problem is the sim is in my burglar alarm and I cannot receive the damn security code Vodafone insist on sending me.

Annie_N

Saints preserve us! Assuming that you persevere and retrieve your SIM in order to re-register to a new account, make sure that you do all the necessary setting up before you put the SIM back into the burglar alarm - especially adding extra contact numbers, DoB, address etc, also possibly proving that you are aged 18 or more, and any other personalisation options, the details of which I can't recall until I can see my account again! Anything which might involve a further security code being sent is best done before you put the SIM back out of reach.

At least you'll end up with a non-AM account number, and presumably avoid a repetition of this misery

BTW, I assume that your alarm allows you to trigger the occasional test call, so that you can keep your SIM active beyond the 270-day time limit? I have a vague memory of someone having to simulate a break-in to trigger a call, and getting into difficulties when he went abroad for a prolonged period.

I absolutely despair!

45 minutes chat involving four different agents who wanted to know the exact date of activation of my sim in 2011 as my pin number on the old deleted account is no longer what it 100% defintely was. The agent set up a 'new' account for me but failed to tell me they had changed my username and the account did not recognise my email address.

Nine texts and nine emails I found the new username on the registration email and logged in - Yahoo!

Guess what? obvious new account details but old account number and "There are no services being used on this account"