main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay as you go

Online account error

2: Seeker

Account number starting with AM

We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.: 104, Unexpected error: Invalid Data Value - AccountID should be Numeric(Error codes: 104_ null)  - [Error ref 1m1]

"Invalid Data Value - AccountID should be Numeric"  Account starts with AM. SQL issue.

The monthly lottery of topping up with Vodafone. Website is either unavailable or broken and very rarely working.

View more options
4: Newbie

My final reply before I go!

This is from Vodafone support in response to my refusal to continue jumpimg hoops

"We've asked you to provide security for several reasons. We want to ensure that the issue is not account based. We understand that this is an alphanumeric related issues due to the nature of the errors you're currently experiencing. Our protocols insist that we check the account to ensure everything is in working order and so we can escalate this to our Technical team. Without confirming security, we cannot get this case raised to the relevant team.

If you'd like to provide us with the PIN, feel free to pop it over to us.

If there's anything else that we can help with, please let us know.

Thanks,

Louie
Social Media

Vodafone Limited
Vodafone HQ, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN
Registered in England No 1471587"

It seems that the "several reasons" are in fact two reasons. One is to make sure its not account based. This has been proven over and over again - take a look at the links below. The second is for protocols whatever they are. 

I've been involved in managing applications support for many years and would blow a fuse if anyone did this to my customers. The process is there to help not hinder resolving problems. In my experience if the same error code is reported in a number of similar places then it's likely to be the software that is at fault.

Have a look at what I found searching for "AccountId should be numeric" on a google search

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/Online-account-error/td-p/2604682 (this thread with at least 12 accounts that begin AM not working)

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Broadband-Home-Phone/Can-t-log-in-to-PAYG-account-on-web-page-since-... (now joined to this thread)

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/We-re-working-hard-to-fix-the-issue-so-please-t... (have a look at the resolution if you can find it - 1st August)

https://twitter.com/Minxicle/status/1027497120977367040 (no resolution on this either 9th August)

I wonder how many others have been reported over chat and telephone calls that are simply not resolved. I know I had several chats, calls and spoken to the complaints team who logged it and did very little. 

This has been going on since at least the 1st of August and 24 days later the support team are still paralysed collecting information for their "technical team". 

Well I'm not going to be contributing any more to this thread or the support teams - I'm done with it. 

View more options
1: Seeker

11 hours of downtime just wrapped up and for me at least, I can finnaly get back into MyVodafone... after 3 long weeks...

View more options

Hurrah it's working !

I wonder if they could also fix the problem whereby they've used a search box instead of a login name on my browser I get the word search and it capitalises the first word of my username 

oh and reminding people not to save login details if they have different accounts for broadband and pay-as-you-go might be a good idea.

View more options

Thanks for the heads-up! I can confirm it's now working for me too.

View more options
Community Champion (Retired)

Hallelujah! I was about to JTG away the remaining balance from my second-string account and get my PAC, when I saw the advance warning of significant maintenance work on My Vodafone. I decided to hold fire until after the weekend and I’m glad to confirm that all three of my AM-numbered accounts are accessible again.

The SOP described for troubleshooting problems appears to allow no room for commonsense or good customer relations, and there are alarming discrepancies between the narratives of what was being done. However, someone must finally have informed the programmers, who have done the obvious and corrected the earlier programming error. I hope that the apparent determination of Vodafone’s Forum Team to adhere to the SOP, inappropriately and regardless of the delay caused, hasn’t cost Vodafone too many customers, but I’d hazard a guess that mike37p isn’t alone in deciding to walk.

The silence in response to questions from mike37p and myself on how older test accounts were behaving has made me wonder whether the Team still has accounts of sufficient age. I’m not particularly wedded to two of the three AM-numbered accounts; indeed one must be getting near to falling over the edge of the 270-day cliff, and I have a strategy to clear the balance on the other. So, if the Team would like to take those over, could someone PM me on how best to send you the details (and the SIMs)?

View more options

@srpsrp The main issue you describe sounds like one of the cookie problems to which the Vodafone site is so prone. Worth checking that your browser is up-to-date, then clearing cache and cookies, and see if that fixes it. This should also address your second issue; having multiple PAYG accounts, it’s something that I have to do if I’ve absentmindedly agreed to save login details. On most browsers you don’t have to clear the lot – I find that simply clearing those from Vodafone is quite sufficient.

@disgruntled “Website is either unavailable or broken and very rarely working.” That also sounds very much like a cache/cookie problem – I experience that from time to time but, except when maintenance is genuinely being carried out, it rarely persists after a clearout.

View more options
3: Seeker

Working for me too. At last.

View more options

Yippee ! Sorted.

View more options

Spent hours trying to resolve with Sharma online who has now disconnected (read ran away after making a complete mess) and deleted my account and set up some other random new one with half the information missing

AM00093879700

What do I do now as after being helped I am worse off than I was?

View more options

Oh groan! that is one reason why I was unwilling to cooperate with the original "fix it one account at a time" approach. I hope that you now have a straight numerical account number, and that the AM version is just an empty shell?

My husband had to be given an entirely new account a few years back, and very little of the information came over from the old one. As far as we can recall, he had to re-enter all the additional details such as alternative contact numbers, double-check that the bar settings were as he wanted (we think they hadn't changed), re-prove that he was old enough to have the age-restriction bar lifted, and a few other bits and pieces. I'm not sure about payment methods - we've tended to use top-up vouchers as giving fewer hostages to fortune.  The Vodafone Forum team may be able to help, but my advice would be just to plough through it.

Good luck!

View more options

After all this hassle (and others from Vodafone that aren't related to this problem), I've moved all three accounts now from Vodafone.

If only Vodafone would provide real quick support rather than assume everything's a user error I might have stayed.

As it turns out there are better deals elswhere so I got a lot more, paying a lot less on another provider, so thanks Vodafone - its better and cheaper elsewhere! 

View more options

quite obviously there are far cheaper phone deals however I think the issue was mainly a lot of people have pay-as-you-go credit they are still looking to use up at some point

View more options

On the contrary, the issue was Vodafone's "the customer is always wrong" stance. It took most of us all of a few seconds to realise that someone had made a simple programming error, resulting in older accounts becoming inaccessible.

However, despite the obvious solution staring everyone in the face, the only solution apparently available was to fix the error on a one-account-at-a-time basis, at enormous cost in staff and customer time, rather than simply asking for the error to be corrected. A number of us refused to go along with the nonsense, and eventually common sense prevailed, and access to our accounts was restored, but there was a cost, as there always is, in customer resentment of being treated so poorly.

It's such a shame - great network, pity about the customer service ethos. Of course, there are honourable exceptions, but even they didn't seem to apply in this instance.

View more options

I had THIS problem and it went away fora while but seems now to have rematerialised.  What is the answer?

View more options

7 months down the line the same problem has resurfaced! Is it being attended to?

View more options

Like others who have just posted, I seem to be having a problem with my 'AM' account again. However, the error message is a bit different: when I log in to My Vodafone and try to go to 'Account Summary' I now get the message , "

There are currently no services being used on this account

This might be a result of a recent cancellation, or the service is still being set up. You can still change your personal details in Manage account settings."

Also, when I try "Device Names" under Account Settings I get "

You're not authorised to see this section

Only the account owner can manage the names on the account.

"

So it would appear that something is up with the account. The (Android) app seems to work OK, though I did just have to reset it for no apparent reason. (I do have a bit of trouble with the app from time to time because of my dual-sim phone, but that's a separate issue, usually fixed by temporarily disabling the other sim.)

View more options

I know it doesn't help you but I am very glad I'm not using Vodafone anymore.

Good luck in solving this - you're going to need patience to get it resolved.

View more options

Thank you for putting in words my problems. 

View more options

Same old problem around again. Unable to access my online account with two accounts numbers beginning AM, immediate access to two accounts with entirely numeric account numbers (beginning 70).

Perhaps one of the Moderators would remind the programmers that they need to allow for the older format of account numbers?

View more options