Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Online account error

mike37p
4: Newbie

I get the following error message when I sign on to my account - under the account summary tab

"Sorry, there seems to be a problem

We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.: 104, Unexpected error: Invalid Data Value - AccountID should be Numeric(Error codes: 104_ null) - [Error ref 1j2]"

I've reported this and was told it would be fixed in "a few day" but no-one would contact me when it was!

Its a few days later, it isn't fixed and no-one has contacted me.

To me it looks like an internal error where the account number (which starts AM) isn't compaitble with a new update.

Any ideas how I can sort this out? 

167 REPLIES 167

Hi Gemma. As requested, I sent my details yesterday.

how can I sort out my alphanumeric problem, as described in previous posts??

AM 00040644829

7 months down the line the same problem has resurfaced! Is it being attended to?

I know it doesn't help you but I am very glad I'm not using Vodafone anymore.

Good luck in solving this - you're going to need patience to get it resolved.

saguaro
4: Newbie

Like others who have just posted, I seem to be having a problem with my 'AM' account again. However, the error message is a bit different: when I log in to My Vodafone and try to go to 'Account Summary' I now get the message , "

There are currently no services being used on this account

This might be a result of a recent cancellation, or the service is still being set up. You can still change your personal details in Manage account settings."

Also, when I try "Device Names" under Account Settings I get "

You're not authorised to see this section

Only the account owner can manage the names on the account.

"

So it would appear that something is up with the account. The (Android) app seems to work OK, though I did just have to reset it for no apparent reason. (I do have a bit of trouble with the app from time to time because of my dual-sim phone, but that's a separate issue, usually fixed by temporarily disabling the other sim.)

Thank you for putting in words my problems. 

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

Same old problem around again. Unable to access my online account with two accounts numbers beginning AM, immediate access to two accounts with entirely numeric account numbers (beginning 70).

Perhaps one of the Moderators would remind the programmers that they need to allow for the older format of account numbers?

MarkF
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @ak346115@Annie_N and @saguaro. I understand you're all frustrated with this issue.

I'd like to look into this further to see what we can do to help, I've sent you all a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Annie_N

The problem persists - two AM-numbered accounts inaccessible, two all-numeric accounts accessible as normal.

Thank you for the offer of help, @MarkF, but my position remains as stated previously on this thread, when a slightly different problem occurred affecting the older AM accounts. The problem is again entirely clear from the descriptions, and from the fact that is is only AM accounts affected, and all that is required is to report it as a programming error. If Vodafone has procedures in place that prevent that, then they must be prepared to accept that a certain number of long-standing customers will be taking their business elsewhere.

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Annie_N I've escalated this to be looked into, the dedicated team may need specific examples, which is why @MarkF has invited you in via private message. If they do need examples, I'll be sure to let you know. As soon as I've received an update, I'll pop back to you.