Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

invalid sim

tickmatrix
4: Newbie

I bought my son a PAYG vodafone a few months ago which he uses to receive a code to login to the government gateway. It now displays "Invalid Sim" and he can't login which is a big problem. What can he do?

16 REPLIES 16

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@tickmatrix The private messages you send to us over social media are safe to send and for your peace on mind you can delete them once we've received the information 🔒

ok thanks, added mobile number.

or can I get a new sim and use the previous number?

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We'd need to firstly check if the number can be reconnected @tickmatrix - If it can be, we'll look into reconnecting to the original SIM to start with and if we couldn't do this we'd look into our other options.

All of this will need to be done over social media as we'd be accessing the account. One of the team members will get back to you on social media as soon as possible.

ok thanks, just to clarify tickMatrix.com is a company which I belong to (we all have vodafone) and I'm doing this on behalf of my son James (because its the height of the season and he doesn't have time to get involved).

His phone number is on my twitter message and is registered with vodafone. he needs the phone to communicate with HMRC via the code they send to it. You can communicatee with James via the email also on twitter.

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thank you very much for confirming that your son has been in touch with us via Social Media. Once we've taken a look at the account we'll have better understanding of how to assist him. Thanks again for reaching out @tickmatrix 👍

phone re-activated, thank you