Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't use data after using pac code

Tanti
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So I recently switched to vodafone and used the PAC code to keep my old number.

After the change, vodafone sent me this message:

"It looks like you’ve swapped your SIM or updated your software. To continue using data and picture messaging, please update your APN settings. You will receive them shortly. If you need help, please visit http://vodafone.co.uk/internet-settings"

I did not recieve APN settings and my data does not work, how do I fix this?

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Tanti 

The message is an automated message which has been spoken about in previous threads.

Try a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On. And or remove the sim and reinsert it.

Please make sure your mobile data is still turned On in your phone and that the settings in your Myvodafone app / Myvodafone online show as it's still turned On.

You can send a text saying WEB to 40127 to have the apn settings sent to you.

My-mobile-can-t-connect-to-the-internet. 

How-do-I-set-up-my-phone-for-internet-access-and-picture-messaging-MMS. 

With MMS i.e picture messaging customer services may need to provision the account again.

Or manually input the Apn settings they are in the link above. They shouldn't have changed after the port to be fair but it's worth checking as a troubleshooting step.

Be aware they are different depending on if a person is payg or pay monthly.

Please check your local cell masts are OK by using the checker in Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template. 

As you've ported in from another network this could also be a split port.

Vodafone customer service on 191, Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can check as they have a dedicated porting in team. Use the wording split port with them.

I wish you all the best.  :Smiling: 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Tanti 

When you port over the number the internet setting wouldn't have changed you continue to use the same settings as you were previously.

Try this:  settings > connections > mobile networks > network operators > select automatic change this to manual and complete a network scan select any other network wait for it to reject the request and reselect Vodafone, follow this with a reboot, this will refresh your network settings and update the SIM on the network.

If there are still issues, speak to the Porting Team through customer service channels or contact the Social Team, they will be able to check your account and make sure the data side of your port has completed and data is provisioned on your account.