main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay monthly

How to cancel Discovery + ?

SOLVED
View solved solution
misdwich
3: Seeker

Hi there,

I've been driven quite mad trying to cancel my vodafone subscription to Discovery +. No one answers 192, there's an idiot bot online that reliably delivers only the most vaguely related answer, and my My Vodafone app doesn't seem to have an Entertainment Portal necessary to cancel that way.

Any ideas then anyone?
Thanks!

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

Hi there @misdwich - I'm really sorry that you've been struggling to cancel your discovery+ plus subscription and after searching for the Entertainment Portal, I understand why.

You can manage your subscription here: offers.vodafone.com/gb as well as using the app, but I find this way much simpler. 

I've updated the discovery+ section of the Very Me rewards thread here on the Community so as to save confusion in the future. Thanks for bringing this to our attention :Smiling: 

View solution in original position

View more options
7 REPLIES 7
AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @misdwich 

This is a new offer from Vodafone and you would have received 6 months free.

You can cancel anytime through the entertainment portal on the My Vodafone Application.  All the information need can be found here:  Discovery + Vodafone Latest News 

If you are able to cancel, this will need account access through the Customer Service channels. Alternatively, speak to the Social Team here: Contact Us 

View more options
misdwich

Thanks for this! Where is the Entertainment Portal in my My Vodafone app though,  as I mentioned earlier I can't find it? How do I navigate to it? I've scoured the app but not discovered it so far.

View more options
AnnS

Hi @misdwich 

Aa the offer for 6 months free would have been through Very Me, you cancel the same way.  The entertainment portal is on the Very Me section.  You will see filter rewards and sub headings below.

Have got to admit it could be made clearer.

View more options
misdwich

Thanks again, but still not quite there. I've hit the Veryme option at the bottom of the app's screen, lied about five interests to be able to proceed,  hit the 'Entertainment' filter, but still can't find a Manage Subscriptions tab anywhere? I've poked at the Home/My rewards/My profile/Help options at the bottom of the screen too.

View more options
AnnS

Oh dear @misdwich things are never that simple when they should be,

I will see what I can find out. No doubt someone from the Team will get to the thread and beat me to it.

Speak soon.

View more options
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

Hi there @misdwich - I'm really sorry that you've been struggling to cancel your discovery+ plus subscription and after searching for the Entertainment Portal, I understand why.

You can manage your subscription here: offers.vodafone.com/gb as well as using the app, but I find this way much simpler. 

I've updated the discovery+ section of the Very Me rewards thread here on the Community so as to save confusion in the future. Thanks for bringing this to our attention :Smiling: 

View solution in original position

View more options
misdwich

Aha! Thank you so much AnnS and TJ, yes going to offers.vodafone.com/gb did the trick, the Manage Subscriptions tab is near the top of the page. My Discovery subscription is clearly listed, and the cancel button is readily available. Thank you again helping me find the Manage Subscriptions tab somewhere, glad it wasn't just me being dense!

View more options