Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to cancel Discovery + ?

misdwich
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi there,

I've been driven quite mad trying to cancel my vodafone subscription to Discovery +. No one answers 192, there's an idiot bot online that reliably delivers only the most vaguely related answer, and my My Vodafone app doesn't seem to have an Entertainment Portal necessary to cancel that way.

Any ideas then anyone?
Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi there @misdwich - I'm really sorry that you've been struggling to cancel your discovery+ plus subscription and after searching for the Entertainment Portal, I understand why.

You can manage your subscription here: offers.vodafone.com/gb as well as using the app, but I find this way much simpler. 

I've updated the discovery+ section of the Very Me rewards thread here on the Community so as to save confusion in the future. Thanks for bringing this to our attention :Smiling: 

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @misdwich 

This is a new offer from Vodafone and you would have received 6 months free.

You can cancel anytime through the entertainment portal on the My Vodafone Application.  All the information need can be found here:  Discovery + Vodafone Latest News 

If you are able to cancel, this will need account access through the Customer Service channels. Alternatively, speak to the Social Team here: Contact Us 

Thanks for this! Where is the Entertainment Portal in my My Vodafone app though,  as I mentioned earlier I can't find it? How do I navigate to it? I've scoured the app but not discovered it so far.

Thanks again, but still not quite there. I've hit the Veryme option at the bottom of the app's screen, lied about five interests to be able to proceed,  hit the 'Entertainment' filter, but still can't find a Manage Subscriptions tab anywhere? I've poked at the Home/My rewards/My profile/Help options at the bottom of the screen too.

TJ

Hi there @misdwich - I'm really sorry that you've been struggling to cancel your discovery+ plus subscription and after searching for the Entertainment Portal, I understand why.

You can manage your subscription here: offers.vodafone.com/gb as well as using the app, but I find this way much simpler. 

I've updated the discovery+ section of the Very Me rewards thread here on the Community so as to save confusion in the future. Thanks for bringing this to our attention :Smiling: 

Aha! Thank you so much AnnS and TJ, yes going to offers.vodafone.com/gb did the trick, the Manage Subscriptions tab is near the top of the page. My Discovery subscription is clearly listed, and the cancel button is readily available. Thank you again helping me find the Manage Subscriptions tab somewhere, glad it wasn't just me being dense!

Hello.  I am having the exact same issue trying to cancel Discovery+.  I have finally found the Entertainment portal in the VeryMe rewards section but there is no Manage Subscriptions tab.  I clicked through the link provided above and the page very stubbornly just sits on a blank page.  I am getting beyond annoyed with this; have been trying to cancel this for at least a half hour now.  I just want it gone!

Hi @dabblerkb, if you follow the link here, this will take you to our Entertainment Portal. Are you getting a blank screen as soon as you click the link or after you've inputted your number? Could you also tell us the browser that you're using please? 

I was able to do this on my iPad, just not on my home computer (desktop).  I never got a chance to input information, it just sat there blank.  I tried refreshing and got a Vodafone symbol but then it would go blank again.  I suspect I will never accept another Vodafone offer again if it is this difficult and time-consuming to cancel!

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for keeping us updated @dabblerkb - have you tried closing down all your open browsers and clearing your caches, cookies and internet history? The link appears to be working okay. 

If you're still not able to cancel it, please get in touch over social media so we can help further.